Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2001 1800 Trike. right side cooling fan not working. left side ok. Do they have separete relays or fuses?

Thanks for any input on this> If it is the fan are they difficult to change?

·
Premium Member
1998 GL1500 Asp and 2017 GL1800 4AC
294 Posts
i have a 2001 1800 Trike. right side cooling fan not working. left side ok. Do they have separete relays or fuses?

Thanks for any input on this> If it is the fan are they difficult to change?
One Fuse and One Relay for both fans. They both use the same fuse and relay. If the fuse or relay fails, both fans stop.

I'd advise getting a Service Manual. You will have to remove several parts to get to the fans. Not difficult, just involved.

Reactions: kenneym

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Yes one fuse one relay. thair is a white two wire connector on the fan lead , directly attached is a small circuit . looks like a jumper with a noise suppression circuit in the middle about 5 inches long. I had trouble with one of them . burnt up and fan stopped working although the fan was still good. Check that first. Only slightly easier than replacing the Fan :).. Bt if you can replace an air filter , you can replace a fan . Good luck

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,195 Posts
most likely wiring, fans seldom go bad.

·
1,716 Posts
Yes one fuse one relay. thair is a white two wire connector on the fan lead , directly attached is a small circuit . looks like a jumper with a noise suppression circuit in the middle about 5 inches long. I had trouble with one of them . burnt up and fan stopped working although the fan was still good. Check that first. Only slightly easier than replacing the Fan :).. Bt if you can replace an air filter , you can replace a fan . Good luck
The "noise filter" comes with the CB kit and istnt present from factory .

·
Premium Member
1998 GL1500 Asp and 2017 GL1800 4AC
294 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts