Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the first thread and post for the NASR Coordinators.

as we discussed a few days ago, we needed a venue to allow for all to see what has been discussed, and what new ideas need to be investigated.

here is how Niall set it up

That section has been created I also set it so only admin/mods can post threads in the "NASR Coordinators" section. Let me know if there's anything I missed.

Niall
I just now used a different browser, as a Guest, and oops!
I can see the NASR Coordinators forum

and as a Guest, I am able to read this post :frown2::frown2::frown2::surprise::surprise::surprise:

·
Premium Member
1985 GL1200 Limited Edition
3,467 Posts
So, Only coordinator's can post here? Got it!!:coollep:

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
I have access to this

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am trying to get that fixed, the IT crew has not read my messages today.

I just created a brand new thread addressing this issue, I am very sure it will get taken care of tomorrow.

so, no discussions until it is fixed.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay, I am told that all members have been properly Credentialed to be able to view and post here, please, all of our Coordinators, pop in here and post that "I'm here" or something important :)

I just now verified that Guests are not allowed to view the forum,

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
I am allowed in it seems.

·
Premium Member
20,585 Posts
?

Reactions: AZgl1800

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
Im here!..... And there sometimes.....

Mostly here.....

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
now that the forum is secure for our discussions....

I have been dwelling on a thought, about current, past, and future hosts.

Each host has experiences that can be useful for future hosts, and all hosts have questions that arise for each of them.... so that leads up to my current thought:

Should we leave each host with access to this forum, so that they can answer questions that future hosts bring up?

IMO, the answer should be 'yes'.

I'm not suggesting we back up and add a lot of the old hosts, just start now...
Jobe05 hosted Seneca Rocks, and he hosts a lot of Meet 'n Greets....
so his thoughts are pertinent.

( not many are aware that Jobe05 has Moderator Status.... I asked him to be a silent moderator back when I was off duty, and Val+Dave were not yet Mods.... and Dennis was a brand new Mod and unsure of the Admin section.

I wanted someone who understood the workings of the Administrator section, and could repair things if I was unavailable... which I was a lot )

Carl has instituted some good ideas, I really like his HTML pages.

Flyone has been a Super Moderator for many years, but wants to remain in the background.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
In my opinion, it would really be on a case by case basis.....

Carl would be a definite YES, he can stay for future input, N-11 host, Jeffery, NO!!...... Thats sounds mean doesn't it.... OK..... HELL NO!!!

this is a decision that can be done right after the event, via a PM with all coordinators input.

Even the yes host, can stay till they no longer have or want to have input, then they are removed...... ??.....

I know it was a fiasco getting admin to set this up, put could they set up just a coordinators forum just for the 5 of us) so things like host, future events, venting can be done out of sight.. ?? ....

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
In my opinion, it would really be on a case by case basis.....

I know it was a fiasco getting admin to set this up, put could they set up just a coordinators forum just for the 5 of us) so things like host, future events, venting can be done out of sight.. ?? ....

there won't be that much need to vent..... if it is that bad, do it with PM,
getting this set up is more than I want to ask again for a similar named forum.

our voting will just be the future ones, and I agree that Jeffery won't be invited.

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Still thinking how I want to answer this....I have mixed thoughts. Give me a few days to straighten them out and I will respond.

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
So, here's my 2 cents:

Sorry, I don’t think there should be a pick and choose from past hosts. As you said, “each host has experience that can be useful for future hosts”. Some better than others. Maybe PM each past host and ask if they would be willing to answer specific questions from future hosts. Then make the past hosts list available to future hosts, so they can communicate via PM. I feel like otherwise, we are going to have way too many opinions. So only the present host should be included in this forum. About every couple of months any of the coordinators could ask present host for an update, so we can all be on the same page.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts