Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I just received a Corbin for my 1500 that a GWRRA guy bought, used once, and took off. Unfortunately he damaged the vinyl on the edge of the seat screwing with it - fortunately that saved me $350 0ver a new one. This one is the basic black vinyl.

1) This thing is HARD. I've had many Corbins on other bikes - this is the hardest by far. I actually feel the pressure on those two bones in my rear end. I inherited the no padded ass from my father. Hopefully the seat will break in a little.

2) This thing is WIDE. I have a 35" inseam and I can still flat foot it but wind up a little bowlegged to do it. More difficult to move the bike around while sitting on it. The width does make the seat MUCH more supportive.

3) LOWER than the stock seat - about 1"

4) The rise behind the rider portion is about 1" farther back than the stock seat - the Corbin seems JUST RIGHT for me here.

5) This seat is HEAVIER than I thought possible.

6) The guy also broke of one of the little studs that stick out of the backrest to secure it to the trunk. A TRICK - if you have a small stud like this sticking out of a hole but not sticking out far enough to get a nut on - go buy a t-nut (they pound into wood so you can screw threaded things onto wood surfaces. Straighten out the prongs that wood normally pound into the wood. Screw the t-nut onto the stud (the long end of the T first). Works great. I even tacked on another nut to drive it.

I think this is a big improvement over stock - mostly for support. May need to add a little padding (to the seat).

Longer report after longer ride. Ride safe. Bob

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Dont forget corbin seats are hand built to the weight and height of the person who orders it originally ,,so the guy could have been a huge monster or a little spider ,,,and it is possible that you are the oppisite to what he was ,,That is why the seat is not to your liking ..cheers Ciaran

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Even after only one full day the seat seems to be breaking in. By the way, MOST Corbins are universal unless you ride in or special order. This one was an off the shelf one.

The weight of the seat makes the bike a more difficult low speed rider - feels like a BMW K1200LT now.

The rider backrest is heaven - don't know how I did without one for 35 years.

Much more supportive than the stock seat - COMPLETELY different - like sitting on hard maple that has (kinda) been form fitted - vs a too soft squishy pad. I know! It reminds me of the comfy metal tractor seat on my old International Cub!!

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

I really like my Corbin... of course Iwas at the factoryand watched them make it. They had me sit on it and shaved a little here and there until Isaid it wasperfect.They even fed me lunch.

Mine is well broken in now. A month ago I rode a 16-hour day and the only part ofmy anatomythat wasn't sore was the part sitting on the seat. I'm a convert.

Called them this morning to order a backrest. Nice people.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

I have a corbin I finally put on my 1000. I agree.. it is hard... I also found that the saddle behind would work better with someone with a bind.... I am not built like many of the more generous wingers... this sort of makes the horn a little too uncomfortable

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

rcmatt007 wrote:
I have a corbin I finally put on my 1000. I agree.. it is hard... I also found that the saddle behind would work better with someone with a bind.... I am not built like many of the more generous wingers... this sort of makes the horn a little too uncomfortable
If the horn is hurting, you're sitting on the bike wrong!

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

actually, I think it is that the seat is just not made for my build.... now if a wing would just let you feet further forward

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.