Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Anybody sitting on a Corbin seat?Was looking at there website.$324.00

They look great for sure!Are they super comfortable?Want to keep it looking stock but the stocker hurts the posterior after short ride.Ideally i want comfort and a good looks.

Flatfour

·
Registered
583 Posts
imported post

Hi FF, I first got myself a Corbin seat 9 years ago on my 1200, I loved it, yes OK it took a while to break it in, when I changed up to a 1500 it already had a Corbin and felt pretty much the same.

I have not looked at the style for the 1000, but would advise you try one first as they don't suit every one.

Nick

Welsh Winger

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,198 Posts
imported post

I tried a Corbin on my 1500 last year. Did not like it. Was made for a 6' 6" guy and it was too wide at the front, and about 2-1/2" too tall compared to stock late model seat.

It also was very firm.

I found an almost new condition late model 1500 stock Honda seat and liked it better than the other seats I tried.

I think it is a personal thing. None of us are made the same. And, as we get older, we can't stand that stiffness under our rumps.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
imported post

I installed a Corbin on my 95' shadow back in 97'. It took a few thousand miles to break-in, but after that, I loved it. I am 6'tall with a 32" inseam, and weigh 170 lbs. (bony butt) I have considered getting one for my 05 GL1800, because the stock seat just does'nt cut it. I have heard alot of mixed feedback with the seat for this model bike, and would also like some clarification on weather it is worth the price.

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
imported post

I've got an aftermarket seat on my 1500(Hartco) and the wife and I like it a lot,but if I had the money there would be a Corbin on it.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
I tried a Corbin on my 1500 last year. Did not like it. Was made for a 6' 6" guy and it was too wide at the front, and about 2-1/2" too tall compared to stock late model seat.

It also was very firm.

I found an almost new condition late model 1500 stock Honda seat and liked it better than the other seats I tried.

I think it is a personal thing. None of us are made the same. And, as we get older, we can't stand that stiffness under our rumps.
I bet the original owner loved it. I'm 6.6" as well and I love my Corbin. They made it 2" higher than their standard seat so I could get a little more legroom and they pushed the rise for the passenger seat back as far as was possible. They will make whatever modifications you ask them to so if your inseam is shorter or longer than average they can really help to get you comfortable on your bike.

After quite a few miles on my Corbin my opinion is that it is stiffer than the stock seat and as a result a bit less comfortable.. but that level of "acceptable" comfort maintains itself all day long. The plush stock seat is great for an hour, then it's a torture device. The Corbin is never great, but it's GOOD all day long. If you really want that plush soft seat you can always put a sheepskin or some other pad on top of the Corbin, I do that sometimes.. but generally I'm happy with the seat the way it is. For my Gl1000 the seat was 300$, money well spent IMO.. the backrests are overpriced though and I'd look for another supplier if you want one.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks for the feed back.I do appreciate it.I have 4 seats here that came with the bike.Two are touing seats and two are stockers,one stocker being brand new condition but hard.I rode the bike from Portland oregon to Seattle one night in late August.Pure torture.

Ideally I want a seat that doesnt force me to slide up to the gas tank.Something that keeps me away about 4 inches would be what im after.Im going to look into Corbin.

I saw a seat on Naked Goldwings that a guy had made from the original seat pan.He apparently cut down the pan and had an upholstry shop fit it with padding and cover.Looked like just what I want.It didnt detract form the looks like many seats do.
Thanks again guys
Flatfour

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

Here is my bike with its new(to me) Corbin seat. This was my first real outing on the seat. About4 hours so far as I took a drive up to my Grandfathers old farm, which is a blueberry farm now.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

I really liked my Corbin on the 1000. Like others have said, it's a firm seat, but once broken in it's the best seat I've ever experienced on a motorcycle. After an 800-mile day the only thing that wasn't sore was my butt.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
imported post

I put a Corbin on my 99 and absolutely loved it. It is a hard seat but my longest ride of 14 hours - stopping only for fuel and bladder relief - was not a problem. It is a very comfortable long distance seat.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
imported post

Hi Folks,

I've got to agree, but you really should try one first.
However, remember, it will be shaped to fit it's owner and not you.
Corbins are generally hard to everyone else bar the owners.
Mine took nearly 2k to break in, now it's great.
25,000 miles later...no regrets.

Steve

Attachments

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Hiwhat color is the trim on that seat?Picture looks like plum color.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
imported post

i have a corbin, love it, very durable and i find it very comfortable, i know many of us like to sit on alot of padding but chiropractor told me that firmer (not hard but firm) seat is better for you because it helps keep your spine from calapsing on long rides. i love my corbin its not hard but its not an air cushion either, and im sure it will last for a very long time. to me its worth the expense. thanks

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

Someone really liked THIS Corbin seat.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
imported post

could have almost purchased a new one for that price. It amazing how much people will pay on ebay when they get in a bidding war.

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

I've sat onother folks'Corbin seats & 'firm'seems an understatement. Never rode any distance on one, but they weren't made for me anyway.

Myself, I need a good backrest & hi-way pegs/boards to put my feet up & I'm good with my stock seat & sheepskin cover all day [with a 10 min break every 2 hours, of course].

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.