Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Good idea this part of forum. I think cordless headsets must be possible. Bluetooth etc make this a possibility. With rechargeable litium ion battery it would last for many days before recharging is needed.

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

Damn good idea, it would look so much better with out the umbilical cord attached to the bike.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

I am surprised one of the after market companies haven't gone down this route.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
imported post

This is a Great Idea, I know I would be interested in a Cordless Headset.

·
I am the Hobo
9,690 Posts
imported post

Great idea, but what happens when you have a gathering of wings?

One way to get everyone talking to each other, i guess?

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

It could be made like car alarms, you program your headset to your bike and your bike only.

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
imported post

This would be fairly simple to accomplish. Especially with the addition of a GPS computer to the newest model. The only down side is that when batteries and bluetooth transmitters get involved, the thing starts to get a bit bulky. The solution then would be to fit the headset into a specially made Hondaline helmet. Sounds like a good idea to me.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
imported post

They may be able to do this in the US, ALOT of cell phones now have this and they dont interfere with each other while all in the same room. I dont know about the foriegn laws and frequencies to know if they could do this, say in the UK. Another thing to worry about is crossing into other countries. I know at one time they would take the microphones from c.b. and ham gear (and seal them in a tamper evident bag)if you crossed into Canada from the US.

Marty :12ltd:

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
imported post

Isn't there a cordless head set called Chatter box. I believe they have about a two mile range on them. I have seen snowmobilers in my area with them on their helmets.

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

The problem with the chatterbox is it does not integrate with the bikes radio/intercom system. Which is what I believe the originator of this post was thinking, and so was I.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.