Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I have a Aspy, the PO had the cornering lights installed and they worked when I bought the bike but I have noticed they aren't working now, anybody know where I should start. I know that the left bulb is ok, the right may be blown but I wouldn't think 1 would make them both quit working, I am not sure which fuse or relay to start with so if anyone can offer a suggestion, this winger would be most appreciative, thanks

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

Check the bulb holders, they often give trouble. Wiggle the good bulb in the holder and see if it works.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
imported post

Don't touch the glass of the bulbs. Use a rag to hold them.

Are they hooked up to be on all the time? Or with turn signals?

Have you cleaned the turn switch with electrical contact cleaner in the past year?

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

I tried to move them in the holders, nothing came on, they are used as turn signal markers and I have cleaned all the switches not long after I bought the bike. Thanks for the replies, I am thinking a fuse or relay just not sure where to look.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
imported post

The corning light get there power from the tail light relay, does your tail lights work? Check the grounds, the corning lights get there ground on the frame just above the dip stick.

·
1,819 Posts
imported post

As far as i now , the aspengade is not equipped with cornering ligts from factory , so yours could be connected in many "homemade" ways .
I would check for power on the bulb , and work back from there .

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

The drops(for the bulbs) just plug into the factory harness, so it should be the tail light relay, and yes the taillight is working, I will check grounds and do continuity on the bulbs to see if they just blew out. Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
imported post

Are those the ones that just light up when you use the turn sig? They don't blink just light up when the turn sig is on.
That seems to be the way mine are wired.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
imported post

Just a bit of info..the blubs used for the cornering lights are dual filament bulbs, but only one filament is used. If you solder a small wire across the two contacts on the bottom of the bulb, you will get twice the output (brighter lights).

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
imported post

The stock bulbs tend to croak when you hit a bump and the hot filament breaks. That's why I switched over to LEDs

·
Premium Member
'91 gl1500
752 Posts
imported post

wingpilot96 wrote:
Just a bit of info..the blubs used for the cornering lights are dual filament bulbs, but only one filament is used. If you solder a small wire across the two contacts on the bottom of the bulb, you will get twice the output (brighter lights).
Would that increase the heat also ?
I had a problem with these bulbs blowing all the time partly due to overheating and cracking and theyre also awkward to replace ( over here anyway ) .
I have also switched to LED

MW

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.