Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

When are my cornering lights supposed to come on. WIll they be affected since my speedo is not operating. I know the self canceling turn signals rely on the speedo for disengagement of the light but .

I have not seen the lights come on and was wondering if I was doing something wrong or is ther something wrong with the bike.,

To date I know the speedo sending unit is fine and the hub was replaced so Until i remove the wheel again I will not know what else is needed.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,173 Posts
imported post

In stock form, theycome on/off with the turn signals.

Most of us, me included, rewired them to a toggle/rocker switch and fixed them to stay on all the time as driving lights.

Far more functional. I like being able to see those concrete corner curbs while leaning over and getting close to them. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

so i would switch them on every time I am going to lean??

Is there a way to adjust the angle so they would point down and foward and have them on all the time. I doubt mine work but I will check again later on.
The bulbs look blue is this a blue light or are they supposed to be white.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,173 Posts
imported post

Nope, I just turned them on and left them on, full time.

If the key is on, they light up.

Makes the bike more visible from the front in traffic.

At night, it lights the side of the road giving you an extra bit of safety in knowing where that curb is.

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I will take that into consideration.I have bar clamps that I have been wanting to install lights on. This may be taken car eof at the same time.

Jose

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.