Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Found this bike because a friend asked me to check it out. It was supposed to be an '89 and this is what we found.. I will be spending the winter cleaning, polishing and rebuilding... hope to have it on the road in the spring... Pictures to follow. Meanwhile, anyone have any tricks on getting the fuel tank out for cleaning?

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,749 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum.
You know, you have to start with pics of how it looks before you get started. So lets see some.

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

No tricks, remove rear wheel loosen shocks, remove battery box..and then pry it out..

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

RB wrote:
No tricks, remove rear wheel loosen shocks, remove battery box..and then pry it out..
:ROFL:don't for get to also remove the fuel filter mounting and fuel shut off valve. than its like taking delivery of a new born.

oh--and the mounting bolt under the seat.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
imported post

wda-83wing wrote:
RB wrote:
:ROFL:don't for get to also remove the fuel filter mounting and fuel shut off valve. than its like taking delivery of a new born.
That is exactly whatI thought when I removed mine ! :ROFL:The only difference is that fact that I didnt pass out !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.