·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Administrator
26,566 Posts
the video seemed to take a long time to load and run for me.
I couldn't get it at all. It appears you have to have a twitter account to see it. Don't need to anyway, I know what guns are for.

·
Registered
2003 GL1800A
554 Posts
It loads and runs quickly for me, but what a $#|+ show... Looks staged, but at the very least get some training. The woman is waving a pistol all over the place, pointing it into the crowd, pointing it at her husband, and basically she's "menacing" and would be the only one arrested if it was New York.

This is how accidents happen, and the last thing we need is more ammo against the 2A.

·
Premium Member
2,030 Posts
Instead of being critical I admire them for standing their ground. I watched the video twice and the lady IS NOT pointing her gun at her husband. She is a bit ahead of him and pointing to the left in front of him.
And these jerks are peaceful till they aren't.
If you have a gun and keep it inside of your home in critical times like this you may as well sell it at the flea market And doesn't look staged.
John, I dont have a twitter account and I can see it on my lousy computer. Just hover a bit around and click on the highlighted area

·
Registered
2003 GL1800A
554 Posts
Maybe watch it a few more times... At the 2, 5, 20 and 25-second marks she sweeps or is pointing the gun at or dangerously near his head. Not sure how you can't see that, but whatever. In the rest of the video she is pointing the gun directly at the people standing in the crowd. Even with the 21-foot rule, she's violating multiple safety practices.

If you handle firearms like that, you are also an accident waiting to happen. If you care about the 2A, you also care that people handle firearms responsibly and don't cause even more problems for the rest of us defending our 2A rights.

You think the media will treat any accident fairly? - "Homeowners shoot peaceful protesters" - "White vigilantes shoot black protesters" - "Untrained gun owners a threat to our democracy"

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ike this you may as well sell it at the flea market And doesn't look staged.
John, I dont have a twitter account and I can see it on my lousy computer. Just hover a bit around and click on the highlighted area
I don't follow Twitter either...... several years ago, I took a look at twitter so maybe it thinks I still 'matter?" Never once, made a post on twitter, I just wanted to see what is there, and it took about 15 minutes to figure out, I don't need it at all.

·
Premium Member
2,030 Posts
Maybe watch it a few more times... At the 2, 5, 20 and 25-second marks she sweeps or is pointing the gun at or dangerously near his head. Not sure how you can't see that, but whatever. In the rest of the video she is pointing the gun directly at the people standing in the crowd. Even with the 21-foot rule, she's violating multiple safety practices.

If you handle firearms like that, you are also an accident waiting to happen. If you care about the 2A, you also care that people handle firearms responsibly and don't cause even more problems for the rest of us defending our 2A rights.

You think the media will treat any accident fairly? - "Homeowners shoot peaceful protesters" - "White vigilantes shoot black protesters" - "Untrained gun owners a threat to our democracy"
I assume you would get outside empty handed and ask them "please dont step on my lawn"
Im glad you're an expert in gun law.
Second amendment is about self protection and their property. The couple did just that
I watched a few more times and still don't see her pointing the gun at her husband. Take a screenshot and prove otherwise.

·
Registered
2003 GL1800A
554 Posts
I'm licensed to carry in more states than not, so yeah, I keep an eye on firearms laws. And what I would do in that situation is fall to the level of my training, just like everyone else, LEOs included. And I train.

When the drug-crazed fool tried to beat down my door at midnight a few months ago, I'd say I did pretty well, and he went home alive. If he had actually made it into the house, he would have reduced my choices to a very short, very ugly list, and I would have done what was necessary. But if I still lived in New York, I would go to jail for shooting him in my own home, after he beat the door down with his then bloody fists and forehead. I would lose all my firearms, and I would face hundreds of thousands in legal bills for a criminal and civil lawsuit that would surely follow. It took me fifteen years to get an unrestricted carry permit in New Yorkistan, so yeah, I read up on the regulations.

Even pulling your jacket open to display a holstered weapon is considered "terrorizing" in New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts,... Holding a firearm without pointing it at a person is considered a third-degree felony aggravated assault in Utah and will get you booked into jail, and Utah is one of the most forgiving states for conferring concealed carry permits on citizens and non-citizens alike. Yes, I have a Utah concealed carry permit. Yes, I have a Florida concealed carry permit and others, but the U.S. is not all like Florida.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oklahoma is an Unlicensed Open Carry state, and also a CCW state.

the Open Carry guys have their weapons out in the open, so anyone can see they are holstered, and untouched.

Us who have a CCW are subject to a much more stringent version of that same situation. Open up your jacket, or otherwise make it in full view, and you are now potentially a felon.

Here, if you have a CCW permit, you best leave it totally out of sight until you are forced to use it to defend yourself. for that reason, I have USLawshield insurance which provides Unlimited legal resources if I am ever put into that situation.... I let it run out 2 years ago because I quit carrying because it implied more than I wanted to deal with.

Then the mess in Minneapolis and Seattle came to bear just recently, and the future looked, and still does look very ominous with "terrorists" approaching us.... so, I renewed my USLawshield insurance.

Oklahoma is also a "your home is your castle" state.... if that door is breached, the good folks at the USLawshield seminars tell us to make sure the perpetrator is not alive, as they will sue you in civil court..... putting the defender in the position of being the "felon", and that is just not right.

their seminars nearly always bring up the subject of the woman who is asked by the judge "why did you shoot him 13 times?" and she answers "because that is all the rounds my gun holds."

but, if I were to show my weapons just because someone enters my property, and they have not entered my home........ I would be the felon, and that is just not right.

·
Premium Member
2,030 Posts
Most of the states law makes sense. Some don't. If someone forcefully enters your house I don't think you have the duty to retreat. But humanly if you see the guy is drunk behind putting you in an immediate danger, it's your moral duty to retreat. Likewise for a drugged guy..
On the other hand hesitation might have you killed. Hopefully most of us don't have to make second split decisions

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if they are high on meth, you are in danger as their morals have evaporated.
if a drug addict comes into my house, he/she is looking for drugs period....
and if they don't turn around and leave, they will be on the floor permanently.

we never, ever, use the front door to our house.... it is behind a chain link fence with a BAD Dog sign tied to the gate.... there is an 8x11 sign taped to the garage door that gives explicit instructions one where the alternate door bell is....

if they come thru the side door w/o permission, they are in a big world of hurt.
1st will be 3 attack dogs, then me telling them to get the hell out and never come back.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I saw that a bit ago on Fox News,
he is about to violate their 2nd Amendment rights big time.

·
Registered
2003 GL1800A
554 Posts
Didn't know the mob had been back to target them again already.

Now the mob knows they don't have (those) firearms.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I would suspicion the AK type is not the only one he has.
I noted the warrant was specific to the exact weapon seen in the video.

·
Registered
2003 GL1800A
554 Posts
I would suspicion the AK type is not the only one he has.
I noted the warrant was specific to the exact weapon seen in the video.
You're killin' me Smalls. ;) That's an AR-15, "one of the most powerful, deadliest, military-style, fully-automatic assault weapons on the planet" according to CNN. :ROFLMAO:

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I guess that lets my puny little Ruger Mini-14 out, it just doesn't have enough ooomph to kill anyone :cautious:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts