Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

CJ and Red wanted me to let everyone know that they crossed a huge pass in Wyoming directly into the mouth of a tremendous thunderstorm. CJ said it was the worst storm he thinks he has ever been in. They are hole up in a Motel 6 somewhere around Laramie. Safe and sound, nerves a littlestrained but safe! Red predicts their arrival in the Knoxville area to be either Thursday or Friday. My instructions were to ride safe and get here safely. I can adapt my time to theirs. Their motel does not have internet access so they wanted me to post that they are safe and moving slowly towards the Appalachias. I'm sure they will post with the details as soon as they can! Ride safe friends, we will see you soon!

Bernie

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Thanks for the update:clapper:CJ and Red you 2 take er slow and easy:waving:

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

I just spoke to CJ as well as the plan was for them to stop here for the night.

I'll attest to the fact that the weather through here for the last week has been raunchy as could be, and I was perfectly ok with the fact that I won't see them until tomorrow as long as they're safe.

I can't tell you how excited I have been to be having this meeting with them, and I promise everyone pictures will be available right here in this forum before CJ even leaves.

I also promise that my keyboard is open to any musings CJ may wish to post (I think I'll have it bronzed afterward), so when you next hear from him here on the forum, it will most likely be from right here in my living room. :)

·
Premium Member
20,611 Posts
imported post

What is their route??? :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Awesome Mike! I know they would have liked to have been with you this evening. Tomorrow will bring it to pass! Pics will be appreciated and expected!:)

Bernie

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

Good to know they're travelling safe. It lets the rest of vicariously enjoy it with them.

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
imported post

Good they made the wise choice to rest up and get dry. Hope you enjoy your visit with them this week Mike.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Don't know the route they are taking, just that Mike gets to visit with them tomorrow! I believe this is being followed by more people than the Tour De France when Lance Armstrong was making history! It isn't a race but it sure is being followed by the entire world!

Bernie

·
Premium Member
20,611 Posts
imported post

Well............It looks like maybe they will be well to the north of us so Bernie, tell them we were thinking of them! Take them to your great little restaurant for breakfast like you did us when we visited! It Rocked!!! :cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

I know they're coming I-80 to Kearney, from Laramie, I'm not sure they even know which way they're headed from here yet. :D

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
imported post

If they are heading south on I-75 to Knoxville, make sure that they know a rest stop in Berea, KY is only a PM away. It is only 2 hours north of Knoxville, but if they need a place, they got one here.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Flyone, We will certainly take care of CJ and Red in traditional Southern fashion!

I was looking at the map and they could come in on I-75 or on I-40; depending on which way they decide to go.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
imported post

Dubswing wrote:
CJ and Red wanted me to let everyone know that they crossed a huge pass in Wyoming directly into the mouth of a tremendous thunderstorm. CJ said it was the worst storm he thinks he has ever been in. They are hole up in a Motel 6 somewhere around Laramie. Safe and sound, nerves a littlestrained but safe! Red predicts their arrival in the Knoxville area to be either Thursday or Friday. My instructions were to ride safe and get here safely. I can adapt my time to theirs. Their motel does not have internet access so they wanted me to post that they are safe and moving slowly towards the Appalachias. I'm sure they will post with the details as soon as they can! Ride safe friends, we will see you soon!

Bernie
According to the weather radar, that's the same storm front that moved a bunch of thunderheads over us last night. Wow. The thunder never stopped and it rained so hard there was a complete whiteout. What a river I had running through my back yard. There were reports of funnel clouds, but I don't think there were any confirmed tornadoes. I would not have wanted to be caught out in the middle of nowhere in that stuff. I'm glad CJ and Red found a save haven.

·
Premium Member
20,611 Posts
imported post

You know something? The way we are tracking CJ and Red across the country, we're better than NORAD!!!! :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

I pray for safe journey for them. I know they are watching out for deer constanly and it has to be in the back of their minds. I hope they have great trip there and back safe and sound just to get that stigma off their backs.

Bernie, please tell them I said :waving:when you see them would ya?

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Bill,

I will be happy to pass on your wishes for a safe trip and a big "HI" from you!

Bernie

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Please let them know we were thinking about them. Envious of course. Ride safe. :action:

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

Lois called to let me know that it looks like more bad weather for CJ and Red. I hope they are in front of it or With Mike Kramer somewhere watching it rain. I'm sure if they made it to Mike's, he will have them giving us an update!

Bernie

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
imported post

It looks like they will be passing by with in 16 miles of me

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

I don't know which way they are traveling but looking at the storms across the country they would be better served to go from Laramie down to Denver. Take I-70 from Denver to Saint Louis. Then go i-64 to I-57 south to I-24 to Nashville. Then take I-40 to Knoxville. This would dodge the storm system going thru at the moment.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

Looking at the radar, if they're in Nebraska, then they're sailing in nice, smooth, clear, warm, sunny weather with a mild breeze.

Nebraska Weather Radar

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.