Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

It's Cousin Jack Special time again, for one week only........

Every year at this time, I allow one or more of you to come to my house and drop off your old and battered Goldwings, either the 1000, 1100, 1200, 1500, or -- perish the thought -- 1800 models. I don't care of they are running or not, complete or not, as long as you have the cleartitle signed over to me, I will take them off your hands, no charge to you a'tall. I know this is a generous offer, but it's my little attempt to give something back to the Goldwing commuity -- which has given me so much. Remember, I don't charge anything for this service. So load the old beast up, and drop it and the title off at CJ's here in beautiful downtown Ellensburg, Wa; pm me for driving directions.....

Oh, almost forgot! No thanks necessary!

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Yep,,,,,,,,,,, must be getting cold in the northwest. Need a winter project.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
imported post

You are a wonderful person CJ to offer us this service. Do you mind if there is some gas left in the tank or should we drain it first? To think I was gonna pay a guy to haul away this fugly 1800 cause the trashman said it's too big to put out to the curb. :goofygrin:

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,674 Posts
imported post

:DCJ, you are a riot :D

:grinner:

·
Premium Member
1,539 Posts
imported post

Such overwhelming magnanimous out pouring of self sacrifice leaves one speechless.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

To think I just sold my Wing when I could have given it to you Mel!:cheeky1:

Bernie

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
imported post

wilkoi wrote:
Such overwhelming magnanimous out pouring of self sacrifice leaves one speechless.
me too.........well , almost!

Could think of a few bike shops that could maybe do with availing of your very generous offer CJ!

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

I'm glad to see the Cousin Jack we've come to expect here on the forum is back.

I'm sure if you run this ad long enough, you'll end up with one. Wait and see.

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

This thing will work. Just last night, my neighbour, whohas a lawn care business, dropped off to me an almost brand new self propelled lawn mower. The owner, one of his clients, had run the thing over a rock and probably bent the crank. So Dave saw it and asked the man what he intended to do, that he knows a guy(me) who repairs lawn mowers. The fellow says " if he can fix it, he can have it" So I have it, and I will fix it---then sell it for a tidy sum.:cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
imported post

CJ you are a prince. I was afraid that I would have to clean out the garage to get all my bikes and my car in for the winter months. Now I can just give it to you. Wow Thank you so much.

·
Premium Member
1982 naked gl1100
2,576 Posts
imported post

Good News!

I have just authorized myself as CJ's Midwest and Northern Midwest drop-off point. Any thing he will accept, I will accept as well.

Two convenient locations, what more can you ask for?

No excuses now, bring 'em on over!

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

Hawker22 wrote:
This thing will work. Just last night, my neighbour, whohas a lawn care business, dropped off to me an almost brand new self propelled lawn mower. The owner, one of his clients, had run the thing over a rock and probably bent the crank. So Dave saw it and asked the man what he intended to do, that he knows a guy(me) who repairs lawn mowers. The fellow says " if he can fix it, he can have it" So I have it, and I will fix it---then sell it for a tidy sum.:cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil:
I got an almost brand new 6hp self-propelled Toro mower this last summer almost the same way. Saw one of my Mexican neighbors load it up on the trailer I know he takes to the scrap yard, so I asked him what was wrong with it. "Do'no man, won't start":baffled:

Asked him if I could have it because I have a 4hp Toro that needed new cables from the handles down, he handed it to me.

Took it home, pulled the breather, no filter, pulled the carb, blew the crap out of it, put a filter in, started on the 1st pull and I've been mowing my yard with it ever since.

Mike

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
imported post

Gee Mel, would you like me to leave the truck I bring it in, too?

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
imported post

CJ, do you need an East Coast location, I'll allow myself the dirty job of taking a wing too! Have a large garage, two small ones, and a shed, plenty of room. If that's not enough, I move the mrs. out and find room.

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
imported post

Just thought of this CJ, maybe you ought to extent one week only to using "Limited time only", I know that if I'm accepted as an east coast dealer I would.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

English Bob wrote:
Do you take unwanted wives as well?
Ahahahahaha! Nope. Had one of them once....... got rid of her at a yard sale.......

She took everything including the yard! I like what Rush Limbaugh said about marriage: "Don't bother with it... just find a woman you don't like and buy her a house!"

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.