Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Administrator
58,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes, it is harmful to those with lung problems, but not to the average person, and children are almost immune from it.

Please listen to this lady doctor about Covid...... it is not near the danger to us that the Left Wing Media claims, we should never have shut down our businesses, and Masks? what a joke.... Masks have their place, to prevent "You" from infecting others IF you are sick.... get out into the Sunshine and back to work.

·
Administrator
25,551 Posts
That's pretty much what my Dr said but with a lot fewer words.

·
Premium Member
3,687 Posts
But...but... What about Dr. Fauci and the WHO? Lol. Kinda sounds lika a Dr. Seuss book title.
I stopped wearing a mask two weeks ago.

·
Administrator
22,284 Posts
Was that recorded before the opening up and resurgence? In AZ we are getting an average of over 2,000 new positives daily, since they re-opened the state. Masks are now the law here, but very few are complying.

I am part of the high-risk community, so I see anybody, and everybody as a threat.

That woman, or the "let everybody get sick" attitude, seems like a very stupid course.

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
I don't think so!!! 😲

·
Administrator
58,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
back in November, my daughter, age 44, had 3 or 4 weeks of lethargic feelings, no energy, coughing all the time..... same every winter for the last 3 years..... took her about 5 or 6 weeks to get over it ....

during that time, I seemed to need to sleep a lot more than usual, up to 16 or more hours a day....
so, we both are convinced that she had Covid and fought thru it, and I was exposed, but able to rest at home and did not come down the with the coughing bit.... I just had a shortness of breath if I worked too hard for a bit, would have to take a hot shower, and hit the sack for a while.

She had to work of course, so did not get as much rest as I did.
as of today, neither of us have any symptoms, we get outside a lot every evening to water 29 new trees that we have either transplanted, or have seen the little sprouts come up in the yard.... she put USA flags next to each tree so that we could avoid cutting them down with the lawn mower.

our front 3 acres is a bit sparse of trees, we want more shade out front.

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
Yeah, my wife's brother and his wife had something in late Feb into March too, they in early '70s. Then her Aunt at 92 was down with same thing 2 weeks, but recovered. They have never been tested though.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Cases continue to rise, and deaths continue to fall... North Carolina will no longer share the number of deaths in the state, but rather want to say the number of cases is "surging".

It is my understanding that there is no law requiring a mask, anywhere in the U.S. That would have to be passed by the legislative branch. There are executive orders made by governors, but they cannot force any citizen to comply.

·
Administrator
58,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just took a look at NC and compared it to the ones I am already following.
this update shows they are reporting to somewhere, that the covid19 tracker can see.

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
I just took a look at NC and compared it to the ones I am already following.
this update shows they are reporting to somewhere, that the covid19 tracker can see.

View attachment 322954

Ours:
62,189 cases statewide, 6,164 hospitalized, 1,740 deaths to date
My county is in the western part of state,
https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/
Rockbridge Co. 30 cases, 0 hospitalized, 0 deaths.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Nothing we say, and nothing an "expert" says will change the mind of someone who feels the virus isn't as threatening as indicated by the numbers, , , , BUT remember this, , , once your area's hospitals reach the 80 or 90 percent level of ICU beds being full, or ventilators used, and they have to put someone on a gurney in the hallway (like Italy had to do) you will soon realize the danger of misinformation that is being disseminated. HOSPITAL CAPACITY IS THE FINAL AND ULTIMATE MEASURING STICK, , pray your area has enough!!
Its a lot easier to wear a mask than a ventilator, , , I'm just sayin

·
Administrator
25,551 Posts
Reactions: CrystalPistol

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
That death rate seems awfully high. Did you transpose some numbers?
Yeah, I guess I did …. should have been;
62,189 cases statewide, 6,164 hospitalized, 1,740 deaths to date

Today, 06-30-20 … it's posted as
Va. State Wide:
62,787 cases, 6,203 hospitalized, 1,763 deaths to date
Rockbridge County:
30 cases, 0 hospitalized, 0 deaths to date
Just noticed in dragging arrow over the county, Buena Vista, a small city in the county:
15 cases, 1 hospitalized, 0 deaths to date
and then Lexington city shows
10 cases, 0 hospitalized, 0 deaths to date
So grand total for the county & 2 cities added:
55 cases, 1 hospitalized, 0 deaths to date

·
Administrator
22,284 Posts
Well, my county has had 48,592 cases and 741 deaths, as of yesterday...and yesterday, the main reporting station failed to report, so today's numbers will be significantly higher.

I guess that's why I'm more concerned than some of the rest of you seem to be. And our hospitals are full.

·
Pwhoever
3,102 Posts
But how many of the reported deaths are actually attributable to succumbing to Covid 19? After CDC and many others admitted that if the autopsy shows a positive result to Covid testing, it is classified as a Covid death completely invalidated the "official" death count. How many suffered a fatal heart attack or had stage 4 cancer or any number of medical conditions that actually caused their death got included? If they can actually prove the reported numbers, I might be inclined to accept them. But the cat is out of the bag and I dont think there is any way to accurately determine actual numbers now.

Stats can be skewed any number of ways to falsely prove an argument.

·
Administrator
58,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oklahoma created a whole new tracking system ~january of this year, and "laid the law down" I suppose. this new website is very transparent, you can drill down to the city, or the race, or male/female to get what you want to see. at the bottom of the page is a detailed menu.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Another twist on this virus is the fact that some folks test Positive without ANY symptoms, , ,They're Asymptomatic, and super-spreaders of this virus. With no symptoms, they think they're "Healthy", ,all the while they're infecting moms, dads, grandma's, grandpa's, and siblings/friends. Masks dramatically reduce the risk of infecting, and disrespecting, others, , , who would think allowing a "Pee-ing section" in the community pool is a good idea?? That is what no mask in public is like, , ,

Good leadership is the answer, ,Check out the State of New York's response to this pandemic. Strong measures AND civilian compliance proved that in 111 days they went from the highest death/day (about 850+) down to single digit death/day. They had 30,000 medical professionals that went to NY voluntarily to help with the overwhelmed staff. I salute/honor each of those volunteers and pray for the families of the ones that perished in the line of duty to fight this disaster. THAT IS WHAT AMERICA SHOULD BE ABOUT!!!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts