Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Since it was raining here over the week end, I decided to change the plugs as I was unsure if/when the PO had done it. I've put 3000 miles on it since I bought it. In replacing the front panel, the tabs securing it to the front cowl don't settle into position as they should. Did I do something wrong in replacing the front panel or the left and right cowls?

Also, I see in the tutorials, it is mentioned to use a little Bluetac (which I assume is similar to blue loctite to the L covers and screw covers behind the side reflectors. Where do you put it and how much?

TIA

·
Premium Member
3,318 Posts
imported post

I assume you are referring to the lower front panel. Yes it can be tough to get it back in place. Try pressing in at the top center to spring out the sides. This will help some to get the tabs in place.

The bluetac is a putty like substance that is sticky and can be reused. It is to hold the screw covers in place so you don't lose them. They are bad about falling off or getting knocked off.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks for the quick answer Bellboy. Since it looks like rain again this week end, I'll try again. On the hunt for Bluetac.

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
imported post

Do not use lock tite on it.....it will "eat" holes in the plastic......Don't ask how I know.........Look for the blue tac....I think either home depot or Lowes sells it.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Bamaeagle wrote:
Do not use lock tite on it.....it will "eat" holes in the plastic......Don't ask how I know.........Look for the blue tac....I think either home depot or Lowes sells it.
Thanks for that info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.