Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I was at the Vetter website, researching fairings, since I want to add a full fairing to Bargoyle. (I decided to name the 'wing 'Bargoyle' as it is somewhat akin to a girl in a bar that looks good from twenty feet away, but the closer you get...) Anyhoo, I noticed that the email contact at the Vetter website was [email protected] .

I clicked, sent a question or two, and have recieved 3 responses already. I am impressed that this man has the courtesy to answer me. On the off chance that Craig surfs or lurks here, thanks Craig.

Tip o' the hat...

I have won an ebay auction for a Windjammer III, thats only 20 miles from me. I need to come up with a windshield, mounting bracket and wiring, but I only paid $20 for the main fairing... Anyone know where I can get my hands on these items?

Thanks...:11black:

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
imported post

What year you looking for, I got one off a 77 gl1000, The fairing, windsheild, and radio are in good shape, The bracket that mounts it on is broke but it held tight on the bike, Are these things suppose to be held on by hose clamps, if so scarry,

I have no Idea how to ship something this big, unless you want to come to Wisconsin(ha ha nice little ride)

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Get Gearhead to send you the bracket and wiring harness. Not knowing what bike it is for, it may work. Order a new windshield through JC Whitney.

Yes, the bracket is hose-clamped on, at least it was on both my KZ bikes.

Raymond

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

So how much are you asking for the whole shooting match? I know we can work out the shipping if I dont mind pay a few $...

Can you send a pic or two?

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
imported post

Give me a few min, I'll go take some pics

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
imported post

It looks like it was rattle canned, There's a few scratches in the paint, I stole the blinkers, There the stock goldwing ones, So yours should fit right on, The brackets broken right on the bottom of the hump, should be able to weld it easy enough, The keys there but it doesn't work, the whole lock turns, But the pannel isn't broke, reccomend a new lock. Let me know what you think

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
imported post

Let me know if this fairing would work for you, I'll run around and see how much shipping will be,

Let me know if interested, I don't want it, I like the old iron horse look better, Plus it's a pain because the side panels on the false take won't open with the fairing on,You can have it for $5 plus shipping, $5 to cover my gas for running around, I never shipped anything ups or fedex before so I'm not sure how that all works,

Unless you just want some parts off it, save on some shipping, I don't care if you can use it, it's yours

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

I am interested. I sent a PM to you with a question. Thanks...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.