Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I know this will sound silly, but I can not find my crank case breather tube. Also, according to the manual,there is a storage tank for the breather tube to flow into?????

I cant find that either....................... Can someone draw me a picture???? :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

I am considering some kind of witty comment - but I can't think of one.

Sh*t...... need more coffee.

·
Premium Member
6,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

That's what you get for being an hour behind all the time :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imported post

The crankcase breather tube is on the left side right below the petcock. It runs up to the aircleaner box. On the other side of the aircleaner box another tube runs down to the catch can which is held onto the frame crossbar with a 10mm bolt. The catch can is accessable from the left side and is above the left drivers peg.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Here's a pic of the crankcase breather for the 1100's.

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
imported post

It collects moisture that condenses in the container. I take mine off once a year and dump out the water.,,

·
Premium Member
6,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

I found it, I found it................... :jumper:

Thanks for the picture :Dand all the help......

It was just what I thought, full 3/4 the way up the tube :(

So, what can I expect from emptying it??? I saw someone else on another thread say that his bike had an odor while ideling,but that he emptied the breather tube the odor went away.

Just wondering if that's a real possibility or not?????????

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
imported post

my friend was telling me his bike had a funny smell to it when he stopped at lights. Then after a ride one day we went back to his house where after about a half hour, we watched his dog lift his leg on the motor. Man was that funny.,,,

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

If liquid is that far up the tube I'm not surprised that it was running rough or at all. Put a pan underneath the bike before you pull the tube loose from the collector or you'll have a mess all over the floor. Never smelled anything with mine. It'll be a wet, oily mess of goo, slightly runny.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Big Cahuna wrote:
my friend was telling me his bike had a funny smell to it when he stopped at lights. Then after a ride one day we went back to his house where after about a half hour, we watched his dog lift his leg on the motor. Man was that funny.,,,
:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

Thankfully my dogs are in a pen and can't get to the bike to pee on it!!:D:D:D:D

·
Premium Member
6,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
If liquid is that far up the tube I'm not surprised that it was running rough or at all. Put a pan underneath the bike before you pull the tube loose from the collector or you'll have a mess all over the floor. Never smelled anything with mine. It'll be a wet, oily mess of goo, slightly runny.

It does seem to idle a lot better, it was kinda misfiring at start up, but now it's all good....

I never noticed an odor with mine, maybe bcause I dont let the dogs in the garage :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

Thanks again

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.