Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Cranking power issues

670 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Wingless bob 
#1 ·
Hey guys, got a question I just had happen.i got my bike running pretty well and idling great. Starts up quick too. My issue I'm having though is when I have the kill switch on meaning no spark, the bike cranks awesome when I hit the starter (found that out by accident lol) when I have the kill switch off meaning spark, the starter has a hard time cranking the bike over like the battery is dead. I'm using an oversized new battery since I had it laying around, and I've tried multiple others with same results. Is there a reason why this happens and is there a fix. Also what would be the best battery to get for the bike? Btw it's an 84 1200 in an 83 1100 frame with wiring from the 83 if that helps. Thanks in advance guys.

#3 ·
It is the 84 1200, I was under the impression that I could use the 84 pulse unit since it is I the same spot, back of the motor. I do have the 1100 pulse unit, should I install that on the 1200 motor? I don't have the ignition coils for the 1200 or I would try that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.