Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Some #$%hole broke into my garage and stole all my tools this morning, about $400 worth. Kinda lowers one's faith in humanity a little. Just wish the rottie/mastiff was in the yard, instead of inside.

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

That truly sucks. I have been the victom ofaB&E and theft and it is no fun. Hope they get the b^%*#ard.

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks, Hawker. The only consolation is there is a 300 pce set on sale for $80 from Can Tire, with SnapOn type toolchest. It's just tools, but i feel violated. They could have taken WAY more stuff (timing light, battery charger, manometers).

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Damn, that really sucks. I hope your insurance covers it.

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks. Naw, deductible is too high for this at $1000.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
imported post

Mag:

When we lived off of Davie in 84, we never got burglarized until the "Shame The Johns" crowd chased all the hookers off to Mt. Pleasant. As soon as they left, "our watchdogs" were gone, and Pendrell and Thurlow became "B & E Central".

The drugs gang will steal anything that they can flip for a quick buck...tools are pretty attractive.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Sorry to hear that mag. I know how that feels, makes a person see red. I had my car broken into some years ago when the family and I were visiting a zoo in San Francisco. They cleaned us out, took our luggage, still and Super 8 camera, the only thing left was the .357 clipped up under the driver's seat. Like you, our insurance didn't come close to paying for what we lost.

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
imported post

One of the lowest forms of life on this planet is a man that steals another mans tools.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

BobbyW wrote:
One of the lowest forms of life on this planet is a man that steals another mans tools.
No, the lowest form of life are vandals. A thief at least has a reason for what he does but a vandal is just a mentally defective waste of oxygen.

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

I to have had a B & E years ago. The rats stole tools my dad gave me 40 years before. My insurance paid due to the amount of tools stolen but I never saw those tools again. I found out who did it but Police could not touch them because of lack of proof! I found out a year or two later that one of them got shot and killed and the other one was in jail for a long time(armed robbery). :cheeky1:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

stretrod48 wrote:
I to have had a B & E years ago. The rats stole tools my dad gave me 40 years before. My insurance paid due to the amount of tools stolen but I never saw those tools again. I found out who did it but Police could not touch them because of lack of proof! I found out a year or two later that one of them got shot and killed and the other one was in jail for a long time(armed robbery). :cheeky1:
At least one more vermin has been removed from this earth and the other put away for awhile. There are those who say all human life has value but I'd argue that one.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Well it is bad that such a post could be so common to so many!!!

I have lost stuff twice to the scum. First time I lost my newish van with all my tools in, the second time just most of my tools.

If anyone offeed me knocked off tools, I would shop them to the police faster than the blink of an eye. That was someones livelyhood they took!! The first time I wa hit I would have had to give up working, if it hadn't been for the generosity of my father. Yes the van was insured, but I still ended up having to get a cheep van quickly and when the insurance company finally coughed up, it didn't come close to the value of the old van. The tools were not insured, because the premium for trade tools is unbelievably high.

I am basically a pacifist, but if i caught anyone robbing me again, I would not wan't to be held responsible for what I would do!!

I am really sorry to hear of the loss Mag.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

mag wrote:
Some #$%hole broke into my garage and stole all my tools this morning, about $400 worth. Kinda lowers one's faith in humanity a little. Just wish the rottie/mastiff was in the yard, instead of inside.
Check the local "Pawn Shops" ( if you have them)for them, that's where alot of theives take them for quick money!

Think if some one has been by the garage lately chatting with you?

My neibor , who's a cop was broken into by a kid who had down work for him around the house!

They had him on Video Tape exchanging the Cops DVD's at the locol Video store 24 hrs later!:baffled:

Time for a cheap loud alarm?

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

mag wrote:
Now I'm curious does it look like a "Rotty or Mastiff" or a "Rostiff"!:baffled:

Dogs is one of my hobbies , I have 180 breeds in my little Brain!

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
imported post

Hey Mag, sorry to hear of your loss. It really sucks. I had 5 handguns stolen about 9 years ago. Leaves you feeling violated. They caught the kid that did it (a friend of my son's) but he had sold them and wouldn't tell the cops who he sold them to. I almost got charged for not having them secure enough not to be stolen. On a good note, the insurance paid me more than they cost me, due to replacement value. 9 years and not a word from the cops. That's gotta make you wonder.

Goldwings 4 Ever :baffled:

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

Thanks, Guys. I guess i was being complacent about my security. Loads of times with the doors swung open to the lane, tools on display near the door. Someone either twigged to that, or just grabbed what was visible and valuable at first entry. I've beefed up my lock system, and the dog is now allowed in the kitchen at night. Ironically, he used to bark loudly, i mean LOUDLY at even people idling cars in the lane or dumpster divers or skunks. Price we pay for calming him down. I'll be able to replace the stuff with better tools for about $200, but it really sucks right now. I also have a friend who is an ex-aircraft mechanic who has offered the loan of his tool chest, which is in storage anyway. Good thing the birthday's coming soon.

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

We had a breakin about 13 years ago as we were moving in to our present house. It was a local move so we did most of it ourselves over a period of a month. I was still working at the time and I can recall saying one day after we had started moving certain valuables, that we werenow vulnerable at our new location because it was now worth doing the B&E.

I was right. Two days later, when we came back with some more things, we discovered we had been violated. We lost a lot of things, including my wifes silver and all of my guns and rifles(some heirlooms included). Our claim was over 12 grand, but you cannot replacecertain things, no matter what.

But ironically, this year, I got a call from the local police telling me that some guy had tried to register one of my stolenshotguns, and did I get a claim payout or did I want the gun. Of course, I told them to contact the insurance company as I had been reimbursed for it already. But I was very surprised, after all these years.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
imported post

BobbyW wrote:
And his still. Man, that hurts.;) Seriously, tough luck. Most of us have had it happen to us. Years ago some moron broke into my RV and stole my stereo. Now I take the front cover into the house and the RV gets parked in my backyard. Don't have a rottweiler, though. But a guy will have to actually come into my yard to do it again. Much better protected now.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.