Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My '82 has a crash bar around engine case that comes out straight and makes a 90 degree bend to the rear ( standard bar I think ). I see some wings with bars that are straight only which gives maybe better access to working on engine. What kind / year are the straight bars and will they fit my '82???

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

standard factory case guards come out from the front and bend 90 degrees back over the heads. the 80 models were straight and the 81-83 curved out a little at the rear.

Now the ones you're talking about that just come out the sides are all after market crashbars/case savers.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

My 81 has the straight type bars, If they were in better shape as far as the chrome I would offer a trade, I like the standard case guards.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

nightwizard40 wrote:
My 81 has the straight type bars, If they were in better shape as far as the chrome I would offer a trade, I like the standard case guards.
I just checked you gallery pics and you have the case savers I want. How bad is the chrome on them as I might be open to a trade.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

namsgt1946,

If I were you, I would leave the originl ones on, because you will have room to sync your carbs. I changed mine over on my 80, and I have to pull them each time a carb sync is needed. I found this out the hard wat in Calhoun. (Now I wish I'd never given my old ones away)

Good Luck,

Nightrider1

namsgt1946 wrote:
My '82 has a crash bar around engine case that comes out straight and makes a 90 degree bend to the rear ( standard bar I think ). I see some wings with bars that are straight only which gives maybe better access to working on engine. What kind / year are the straight bars and will they fit my '82???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.