Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The saying if its not broke don't fix it. The corning lights on the 95 had been switched to running lights. The idea, findwhere the change was made and put them on a switch. Pulled the lower front covers, and the lights traced abit through but could not find anything obvious. Getting late so put it back together and double checkedallplugged in. Didn't get a chance to ride for several days. Came out this morning started, no running lights, OK I'll have to look at that, then noticed the clock was wrong,and now find I have a ten second clock, changes a minute every ten second. This is now sounding like a short rather than just arunning light issue. Everything else seems to be working at this point. Any thoughts out there or has this been seen before. Thanks

·
Honda Guru
2,053 Posts
imported post

So... you did not put the switch in? Just reassembled the plastic and the lights are inop now? Sounds like either a plug got pulled (or both which would be real bazzar) or a wire pinched during the reassemble.
Obvious that it's time to remove the plastic again and start over. This time start earlier;)

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Well the clock issue must have been moisture, came out from work and its now keeping time, will dive into the lights on Sat.

·
Premium Member
62,948 Posts
imported post

Sounds like somewhere along the line you lost power or ground while moving the wires around.. Also something may have shorted out.. Take a look at the fuse first that will be the easiest thing to check....

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Well it appears I'm back to square one on trying to locate how the change was made to driving lights. Afterjust pulling the side covers with no hard jarring the first time looks to have taken out both bulbs.Didn't see any indication that wires had been cut which my understanding is how one way of doing it.Need to take the print and have it blown up in print and go from there. At least there backon.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Perhaps the easiest way is to just cut & tape the power wire at the lites now & run a new one from the ACC. terminal with a Switch. That's what I've done & works fine. :baffled::waving:

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks, I'm thinking thats the directionthis is heading :waving:

·
Premium Member
62,948 Posts
imported post

I think the cut wire you refer to would be cut on the Bike side of the running light relay.. It was in a thread some time ago..
I was going to do mine but wasn't sure what wire to cut, so I left it alone..

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

If you cut the wire at the bulb & add a new wire from the fuse block with a relay it;s easier than digging into the existing wiring harness - been there done that more than once. (IMHO):waving:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.