Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I drive a Truck for a living so sitting up high I see lots of things?!

Saw a lady doing 75 MPH on the "Freeway" 'Pumping Iron" , she had a "Dumbell" and was doing "Curls" while driving her car. Wow, guess she couldn't wait to get to the Gym, got to keep those "Guns" in shape!!!:baffled::goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

I drove OTR for quit a while...saw alot of R and X rated stuff, but the funniest "PG" thing I remember off hand is this lady passed me, she must have been doing 90mph, talking on her call phone(with an earpiece), typing on her laptop (in passenger seat), holding a cup of coffee:shock:.... About 20 miles up the road there she was standing on the shoulder with her car nose first into the ditch:goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin:

I just drove by and honked:waving:

·
Old School Guru
7,889 Posts
imported post

I had an incident in Colorado Springs Co. back in 87, I was stopped at a redlight in front of a Dunkin Donuts on Academy Blvd one morning in my modified 60 Chevy truck. I glanced in my rear view mirror and a lady in a brand new Camray with her sunvisor down (must of had a mirror on it) putting on makeup. I braced myself and she hit the back of my truck doing about 30 mph. She moved my truck which weighed about 4600 lbs about 5 ft. Needless to say, she wiped out the front of her new car, (still had window sticker on side window) but her airbag deployed and all that was wrong with her was some really messed up make up. She did no apparent damage to my truck, thanks to a very heavy 12" drop bumper with 1/2" steel reinforcement behind it. Anyway, she get out of the car and proceeds to cuss me out for being stopped in front of her. While she was cussing me, 3 cops who were at the Dunkin Donuts and witnessed the whole thing came running up to check on us. She is screaming to the cops to arrest me for stopping in front of her, and this one cop says "lady, if anyone needs arresting, it's you for rear ending this man, since he was stopped leagally for a traffic signal and you were not paying attention to the road." Then of all things, she screams "my husband will take care of you when he sees what you done to my new car" at me. The cops arrested her, and I'm still waiting for her husband to take care of me.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

I was rear-ended twice in one year, once by a guy on a cell-phone and once by a lady checking her kids homework, thank god I wasn't on my Bike!!

That's why I leave my Bike in gear and watch my mirrors at Red Lights and Stop Signs !! (Gunshy):baffled:

·
Old School Guru
7,889 Posts
imported post

wingdawg101 wrote:
Don't mess with Texas !:thumpingmad:
Amen to that brother!:D

Gene:waving::11red::11red::11red::cooler:

·
Old School Guru
7,889 Posts
imported post

I really like it down here in Texas on them rare occasions that it snows, one winter we had about 1" of snow, but the bridges were pure black ice. Going to work, I was traveling about 35 MPH because of the ice, taking my time and paying attention. I was passed by 3 different 4x4 SUVs all going over the posted limit of 65. On down the road, each of the three SUVs at three different bridges lost control and each one was in the median. I waved as I went by....:D

Gene:waving::11red::11red::11red::cooler:

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

I loved to drive big truck down in Texas when it snowed:cheeky1: Being from Iowa we are used to snow/black ice.... Down there its like completly alien to most:goofygrin: but I guess since it don't happen weekly during the winter down there no reason to get used to it:goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

Was driving in Portland, Oregon and stopped on top of a hill, my wife says what the heck you doing, I said I got hutch there's black ice at the bottom?

So as I sat there 5 cars went by me and down the hill and slammed in to each other, sliding side ways!:baffled:

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

wingdawg101 wrote:
I was rear-ended twice in one year, once by a guy on a cell-phone and once by a lady checking her kids homework, thank god I wasn't on my Bike!!

That's why I leave my Bike in gear and watch my mirrors at Red Lights and Stop Signs !! (Gunshy)
I was reverse rear ended once. Sitting second back at a stop sign, the guy starts off with a roar IN REVERSE!! Then he lied to the officer, BUT there was a witness and the skids were going backwards for me to have hit him. His story? The shift lever slipped!! IT WAS A BLEEDIN VOLKSWAGEN!!

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

wingdawg101 wrote:
Brojees, he probably saw your "Rolex" and thought he'd make a few bucks!:baffled:
You mean "Timex"

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I had a funny one a couple years ago. I was transporting 55 passengers to a resort near the Northern border of Washington State. I turned off a narrow two lane road onto another narrow two lane road. There was a car waiting at the stop sign to my left as I started turn to the left onto his road. About halfway through the turn there was a crunch and a slight bump. We'd collided, his car and my bus had mated just in front of my tag axle. When I asked the guy how it happened he said that I'd cut him too close and that he'd tried to get his car in reverse but couldn't do it fast enough. I asked him how come he'd been stopped behind the white stop line when I started the turn but now he was past it. He insisted I was wrong and had hit him. About that time some of the passengers had gotten out and were listening to all this when one of them told the car driver that they most of them had seen the whole thing and would be witnesses for me. He also told the car driver that the bus had a group of 55 lawyers aboard heading for a golf resort. The guy finally admitted that he'd put the car in first instead of reverse and had hit the bus. Kinda funny, but the sob would have lied in his teeth if I hadn't been lucky in the type of passengers I had.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
imported post

:12beige:hi all,i once read somewhere an article on driveing,QUOTE;to drive defensive is to treat ALL other road users as maniacs:headbanger: and you can't go wrong(in theory???) well its worked for me up till this last fortnight as 2 different women drivers hit my car:cussing:!!! 1 up the rear(ouch:realshocked:)the other in the back fender:stumped:...thankfully not much damage ,just a real pain with all this paper work off the insurance . BE DEFENSIVE ALL,bri,sunderland ,uk.;)

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

I was driving down the interstate one day and was passed by a van. The driver was sitting on her crossed legs and had the van on cruise. Heaven forbit if she had to brake quickly. :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
imported post

One time in tucson at 430 am I was doing 75mph on the "Freeway" which was empty and I look across the Freeway and on the OTHER side was a lady doing 75 going the same wayI was!!!!

So she must have gone up an off ramp and was going the wrong way on the Freeway!!:baffled:

I blew my horn at her and waved but she never looked at me (for a few miles) I got off the Freeway and told my boss she probably got killed when she ran into traffic coming at her at 75??!!

This was before Cell-Phones!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Isaw a guy from my bus one day, he had a laptop on the seat beside him, a clipboard propped on the steering wheel, a cell phone tucked to his ear with his shoulder and was steering with his left hand that had a cup of coffee and a cigarette.
I've watched people back out of an off ramp back onto the freeway, damn near hit one, apparently wasn't the exit he wanted.

Sawa woman trying to change a flat tire one dark, rainymorning in an HOV lane going into Seattle. There was a railing right by the lane, it was on a curve and she was standing in the lane trying to jack up her car. I came round the lane with solid traffic on my right and could barely clear her. Called 911 on that one. I guess she didn't get killed cause I didn't see it in the news.

Saw a guy stop in the middle of a busy freeway to pick up something that had fallen off a truck. Hope it was valuable and worth the risk to his life.

There is no end of stupidity out there.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
imported post

The rich Owners 35 yr old son where I workrd got drunk in Tucson, AZ and needed more beer so he hopped on a "Snow-Mobile" his dad had and went down the Freeway at 70mph, it was 100 degrees out that night when he got pulled over and remember most Tucson cops have never seen a "Snow Mobile", ha!

Then a couple yrs later they pull him over on the same Freeway for riding a "Donkey" on it while he was drunk, going to buy some beer!

His Dad kept buying lawyers for him !:baffled:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.