Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy things you've seen Drivers doing?! (PG)

5K views 55 replies 17 participants last post by  exavid 
#1 ·
imported post

I drive a Truck for a living so sitting up high I see lots of things?!

Saw a lady doing 75 MPH on the "Freeway" 'Pumping Iron" , she had a "Dumbell" and was doing "Curls" while driving her car. Wow, guess she couldn't wait to get to the Gym, got to keep those "Guns" in shape!!!:baffled::goofygrin:

#52 ·
imported post

wingdawg101 wrote:
One time in tucson at 430 am I was doing 75mph on the "Freeway" which was empty and I look across the Freeway and on the OTHER side was a lady doing 75 going the same wayI was!!!!

So she must have gone up an off ramp and was going the wrong way on the Freeway!!:baffled:

I blew my horn at her and waved but she never looked at me (for a few miles) I got off the Freeway and told my boss she probably got killed when she ran into traffic coming at her at 75??!!

This was before Cell-Phones!
Reminds me of the (not too) old joke. A Woman called her husband on the cell phone and told him, "Honey, you had better watch out on the freeway, I just heard on the news that there was an idiot driving the wrong way on the same freeway you are on." "MY GOD! There's not just one, THERE'S HUNDREDS OF 'EM", he responds.

#53 ·
imported post

driving back to Cornwall today from weekend away, doing about 75mph, on dual carraigeway, indicate to overtake car in front, pull out, car in front pulls out in front of me, comes alongside car in front of him, they then drive alongside eachother at about 70mph, passing bottles of drink, sandwiches and a newspaper!

Needless to say, I dropped back and let them have plenty of room!

#54 ·
imported post

liquidplumber while what you were "bragging" about is not criminal, if there IS an accident and subsequent major injury or death and if the other party should find out about this "brag" post (highly unlikely) you could face charges of vehicular homicide or at least reckless driving.

I wish you the best and advise you to be more careful and devote more of your "eye" peeling to the road lest you are distracted and be injured yourself.

Oh and BTW, I do not do anything but drive while I'm in the car. No cell phone or anything else. ALWAYS with the seatbelt fastened and ALWAYS with the head lights on - day or night.

#55 ·
imported post

A few weeks ago I pulled in back of 2 V-Twin type bikes that pulled on the road in front of me. We stuck together through quite a few miles of twisties.

About a mile before this particular road ended in a TEE a lady pulled out of the lead bike. She cut him off pretty close and then STOPPED dead in the road straddling the centerline. She then proceeded slowly and wagged her way around at about 30 mph (in a 55 zone) till we hit the TEE. When we came to the end of the road it intersected another highway with two kidney shaped islands, two lanes straight ahead and an exit / entrance lane peeling off on the other side of the island.

The lady went straight at the TEE and the lead bike thinking she was going to turn left started down the exit peel off accelerating a bit. We;; I guess the lady remembered she was going to turn and ran OVER the kidney shaped island nearly hitting the stop sign and went back into the right turn lane - nearly clobbering the lead bike. He backed off, wayyyy off. We watched as she went down the road about 1/4 mile and again stopped dead right in the center of the road and then made a right hand into a shops driveway.

There was a handycap plate on the car so I don't know if she was just having problems or drunk or whatever. Whatever it was she should NOT have been driving.

#56 ·
imported post

Ruaidh wrote:
John Hjorth wrote:
Here in Europe we also have these big cars with lots of space in them, I think You call them SUV's - what's that an abbreviation for ? - Here in Europe they are called MPV's - Mutiple Purpose Vehicles-, and they are almost all with the tilt option for the steering wheel - now I understand why they are called so ...:goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin:
SUV is similar to MPV only Sport Utility Vehicle. I think the sales weenies were trying to make them more attractive to a sports-minded culture.
Calling them Utility vehicles doesn't sell as many as calling it a Sports whatever. The Sport tag sells just about anything to aging boomers. For years they weren't called anything special, the old Surburban, International Carryall, Jeep Wagoneer were mostly bought by folks who had a use for them. Call them Sport Utility and they sell like hotcakes. Nothing like running around on pavement with four wheel drive and lousy handling. Go figure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.