Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Happy Goldwinger
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I know a lot of members here are also NGW members. A post over there by Whiskerfish on September 15 states that "Crescent Moon Cycles (CMC) is no longer a Sponsor of NGW" and the plug was pulled by NGW. You need to be registered there to read the full post, and I'm not going to copy it to here for obvious reasons.

Many of us were aware recently of long shipping delays and lack of communication from Crescent Moon. My Dad has ordered parts from Frenchy and Susan several times and had no problems. I hope that Crescent Moon can fix any issues and get back to full performance soon.

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

I'm definitely surprised here. I've ordered from Crescent moon many times with no problems.

While I've never spoken with Frenchy, Susan has always been helpful and called when she said she would, great communication and service.

Whatever the problem,I hope it gets worked out, I'd hate to lose them as a parts supplier.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

I too have purchased from them although not much but they were good to me dispite having just moved there and not found a lot of the stuff they brought yet. I can sure relate to that.
I hope those high Arizona overhead costs didn't drag them down.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
imported post

It's a shame to see a business with good rep go downhill. I hope they can rectify the problems before permanent damage is done.

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
imported post

I have ordered stuff several times from CMC. I have spoken to Frenchy and communicated with Susan by e-mail. I experienced a long delay in an order I placed earlier this year. I must say that I was dissapointed because I had excellent experience in the past. Fortunately, I wasn't in a hurry for the parts and while the delay was significant, Susan always responded to my e-mails.EventuallyIreceived everything I had ordered.

I read the full post on NGW and obviously this was a tough decision for Whiskerfish to make. I hope that Crescent Moon fix whatever is wrong and regain their excellent reputation.

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
imported post

That had to be a hard decision for Whiskerfish, more so as Frenchy and Susan are friends of his. That's the flip side of forum sponsors, their problems can cause problems for the forum owners. Under those circumstances, Whiskerfish did the right think IMHO.
We are probably better off here without forum sponsors, it avoids those problems.

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,793 Posts
imported post

This problem is nothing new. I purchased parts from CMC a long time ago and had the same problem. No communication from either of them or Frenchy would tell me that Susan was handling parts shipping and I would have talk to her. ??? :?:whip:

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
imported post

I have to agree with Tom, this isn't a recent problem. It's been happening at least a year, which is about the last time I ordered parts from CMC and waited over a month for them.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
imported post

You might find this a little help. I like CMC so I went straight to the horses mouth on this one.

Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2011 11:38 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: moving?

reciently some rumors are that you have/are moving and were having some delays delivering products. Can you comment on this?

Scott

HI Scott,

Yes we have recently moved and yes service did slow down for a short while. I am still unpacking and finding things but for the most part I am caught up. There are still some delays on back ordered parts but I don’t have any control over that. We are still in Arizona and have only moved about 2 miles from the previous shop but to a better location. Thanks for the vote of confidence. We appreciate it. This has been a very rough year for us economically but we are still hanging in there.

Thanks, Susan

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
imported post

dingdong wrote:
This problem is nothing new. I purchased parts from CMC a long time ago and had the same problem. No communication from either of them or Frenchy would tell me that Susan was handling parts shipping and I would have talk to her. ??? :?:whip:
I never bought from them. When Frenchy came back here after a long absence and started hijacking every thread he could with advertisements for his (at the time) new business, it turned me off, and I was happy to see those posts get binned. However I do wish him well, nobody likes to see yet another good business getting into bother.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
imported post

I guess I will know for sure soon. I just ordered $80 worth of stuff from them this morning. I am willing to give them another shot.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
imported post

I have bought from Frenchy twice. I should say my wife bought parts from them for me, birthday and Christmas gifts. Nothing like shiny new bike parts as a gift.
The last order took a couple of weeks, but it still got here in time for my birthday.
Would we buy from them again? Sure we would. Frenchy and Sue are good honest people and they are not out to deliberately do wrong on their customers, in case anyone is thinking that. Their shop move has been planned for a long time and I guess that has affected the speed of some orders. Most of us know they will get back up to the standards they set years ago, and I'm not alone in wishing them luck.

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
imported post

I always like Frenchy, he had a good sense of humor and was good for the forum. Crescent Moon and his involvement with NGW meant he didn't post here much any more. I'm glad to see him back again, and wish him the best of Irish luck.

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
imported post

When I was rebuilding my 86 Aspencade Sue was a big help to me. A couple of items I ordered took a little longer than the rest but that was to be expected for a 1986 bike. I wish more places could be like them. I'm sure with the move some things were disrupted ,but they'll get their rythm back. I wish them all the best.

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
imported post

Frenchy posted Monday that they were now closed. Their phone message also says they are closed. They also said they would ship all current orders as quickly as they could. I'm going to miss them. I've bought a lot of parts from them over the last several years.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
imported post

They are indeed closing the doors ,what a shame . They just moved too !
I must be the last order. I hope I get the parts soon.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,203 Posts
imported post

I liked Frenchy, sorry to hear that he is "retiring the business".

·
Happy Goldwinger
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

I just told my Dad about CMC closing. We are both disappointed, and wish Frenchy and Sue well.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.