Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

finally got the carb out of my 1100 gw. i noticed some coolant below the right hand side

of my coolant crossover pipe explains the overheating. also there is an oily feel to the

antifreeze scummy in texture..i know the oil and water pump share a common bottom

so on to the question. i can't seem to find any reference to resealing the crossover pipes

is it a nightmare to do?

the accelerator pump on #3 carb does not have the longish gasket [the manuel shows

a picture of one but seems to be ok without one.. can anyone help??

thx gumby

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
imported post

Resealing the crossover pipe is a piece of cake, just simple O rings. Just remove the flange on one side and pull out the tube. You'll need a new flange gasket too.

Q

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
imported post

The crossover pipes are easy to do especially with the carbs out. There is a O ring on each end. First remove the flange on each head, the tube will pull out of the flange and out the center Tstat housing. Clean the ends real good of any corrosion so they are smooth at least up to the ridge, thats where the O ring sits. Metric O rings can be had at auto parts, trans shops and Harbor Freight or.....Honda if you like.

You should check the water pump for shaft end play, might be time to replace it.

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

hi dan thx for the reply. there seems to be a little oil in the antifreeze has a few droplets

mixed in with the antifreeze. what could do this? if indeed the waterpump can it be

resealed? how can you tell if the waterpump if defective?

thx gumby

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Look for oil in the neck of your radiator, sometimes just sticking a finger in the neck will show oil when you pull it out. If there's oil in the coolant there's only two possibilities. The lesser likely possibility is a leaking head gasket, the more likely possibility is a failing water pump main seal. If you do find oil in the coolant it would be a good idea to drain the oil and see if there's any sign of coolant in it. Coolant in the oil can result in damaged bearings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.