Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

On my 2010 ABS model they cruise has a huge lag. If I set it at 70MPH and back off the throttle a bit (down to say 65) it will take 5-6 seconds to take over control of the throttle. Resume has that same long lag.

So yesterday I was going to do the cruise adjustment.I also wanted toput the washers under the NAV display to see if I could reduce the glare problem there. And I had to pull the LH compartment where the 12v outlet is because the3A fuse inlinewas blown.

Itook the cover that is over the speakers, gages and ignition (meter cover?) off, then LH fairing trim stripoffand then popped out the compartment. The 3A in line fuse makes no sense to me as the circuit is fused at 5A from the factory so this time I put a 5A in line fuse. We'll see if this lasts more than a month or two. It was a tight fit but I got two stainless fender washers under each of the lower mount bolts so we'll hope that helps of the next step is a shroud for the NAV display.

On to the cruise control and.... no visible cable to adjust? Had read loosen the Ignition switch cover and wiggle to left but did what I couldthere and still nothing. So what do I actually have to do to find that cable??? My cruise is nearly unsafe the way it is and I need to adjust that big lag out of it.

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
imported post

Can't get at the cruise cable with the top shelter in place. The cable adjuster itself is actually right behind the curved, flat black filler panel that lines the tunnel wall near the right fork tube. Unfortunately that won't come out without going thru the whole process. Once you can get at it, you now have done all the things necessary for your next air filter change (almost). Just loosen the lock nut on the adjuster barrel, and turn the adjuster out about 4 turns, then tighten the locknut. Reassemble all and there ya have it. ( I initially tried the ...start the engine and back it out until the idle rises trick...15 turns out was WAY too much...damn near jerked the bike out of my hands when I first tested it at speed and I had to break it down to do all over again)

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
imported post

Sat Nav glare seems to be a common complaint. One alleged fix is to velcro an old Garmin hood that extends the top edge out more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.