Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruise control button

957 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  nooobie 
#1 ·
imported post

My Cruise control button i stuck in on mode, (pushed in) and I can´t release it.

Any tips on how I can get it out?

#2 ·
imported post

Try spraying it with Contact Cleaner or WD 40.. Let it seat for a minute or so and try working it............

#4 ·
imported post

Had that happen with my hazzard button. Seems I was trying and pushing too hard to get it to release. May not work but try pushing on it a bit easier.

#6 ·
imported post

Check closely around the actual button opening to see if the button is caught on the edge of the opening. I also took a large straight pin and went to the bottom of the plastic button and pushed the pin into the plastic just enough to gently pry it out. I then polished the button with some 1500 grit wet and dry, and it hasn't stuck again since. Hope this works for you. If a gentle pull don't do it, I'd guess something is stuck inside the housing.jimsjinx

#8 ·
imported post

I tried WD40 on my horn, turn signal, and dimmer switch assembly, but only got minimal success.

What really worked was dissambling the switch assembly to get inside and really clean each part. A little care and a lot of patience paid off. The switches work great now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.