Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Recently purchased a used 02 GL 1800 and noticed that the cruise control button was stuck on. After playing with it for a while, I was able to get it to come out which in turn made the "cruise on" light on panel go out. As I was riding today I went to use my cruise and I cannot get the button to now stay in which in turn means I cannot use my cruise system. Has any other wingers had this problem and how or what do I need to do to correct it? Thanks for your input.

·
Administrator
26,566 Posts
imported post

Try spraying contact cleaner in around the button and when you do get it turned it back on leave it on. Mine has never been turned off in 107,000 miles and I see no need to.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Spray all of your buttons several times and work them as you do each one with the electrical contact cleaner. And as Dave says leave the cruise button in the on position. This is typical of the 1500 and 1800 switches. Just have to do preventative maintenance.
Protect your plastic fairing parts with a towel, packing blanket, or rags as it'll eat the finish off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.