Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a 1992 goldwing and the system cruise controlwill turn on but the button that is used to set the cruise does not make it energize. The button itself has been checked and is ok, the vacuum actuator the pulls the carbs is ok. What other things should I be checking?

Thanks

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Push out on your brake lever when trying to engage.
If you added after market levers or the cruise switch in the handbrake, clutch, foot brake or accelerator cable are bad or mis-adjusted or the pivot bearings in either brake or clutch lever or the brass pivot in the clutch lever are worn you will not engage.
But a good portion of the time it is either the brake lever paddle or the switch for it needs cleaning.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Are these switches double pole contacts or does the cruise read from the same circuit that applies the brakes etc.?

I will check them as you stated.

Thank you

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thank you all for your input as itwasgreatly appreciated:waving:. It was the after market levers that someone added before I brought the bike. Both clutch and brake lever switches were to far away to cause the switches to make contact. On two of the levers I removed the levers and heated them near the paddles that contact the switches, then bent them slightly. Foranyone that may try this, make sure that the lever is hot enough where you are trying to bend it or you will brake the lever! I alsoadded a piece of metal to one lever so that contact could be made sooner. It works now!

Thanks again!:claps:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.