Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

On my 82 Honda Goldwing GL1100 base model, next to the throttle handle there is some sort of clamp. Is this cruise control or just something that was put on by the PO. sorry for no picture.

It moves slightly and the you can clamp it down.

Any suggestions?

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Sounds like a throttle lock to me.

·
Senior Memory
613 Posts
imported post

That is a throttle lock. When you reach the speed you want on the high way you can make sure your speed is stable, neither gaining or slowing and lock that sucker down to hold the throttle for you so you can stretch your arm and hand. I never used one for long distances because it will eventually loose speed and on occasion actually gain speed. Not so safe as far as I am concerened but great to work out hand cramps on trips.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Rudy wrote:
Sounds like a throttle lock to me.
So is the motorcycle version of Cruise control? If not what does it do?

Sorry I have tons of questions as time goes on. I appericate the hepl

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

ThFireman wrote:
That is a throttle lock. When you reach the speed you want on the high way you can make sure your speed is stable, neither gaining or slowing and lock that sucker down to hold the throttle for you so you can stretch your arm and hand. I never used one for long distances because it will eventually loose speed and on occasion actually gain speed. Not so safe as far as I am concerened but great to work out hand cramps on trips.
Thanks Just the answer I was looking for.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
imported post

jwsullivan1981 wrote:
Sorry I have tons of questions as time goes on. I appericate the hepl

Boy are you in the right place...

Joe

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
imported post

jw... this site will become your new homepage...

I have the same thing on my 84, works great across western OK,KS,TX where you can see the curve of the earth...but is crap across the hills of southern MO and northern AR or anywhere in TN,NC,KY etc...

Since I wouldn't know how to install a cruise if I got it what I got was one of those $12 cramp buster paddles and it works great for being able to flatten your hand out and drive control your throttle with the palm or heal of your hand without having to grip the handlebar for great lenghts of time.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imported post

Retro Winger wrote:
jw... this site will become your new homepage...

I have the same thing on my 84, works great across western OK,KS,TX where you can see the curve of the earth...but is crap across the hills of southern MO and northern AR or anywhere in TN,NC,KY etc...

Since I wouldn't know how to install a cruise if I got it what I got was one of those $12 cramp buster paddles and it works great for being able to flatten your hand out and drive control your throttle with the palm or heal of your hand without having to grip the handlebar for great lenghts of time.
Yeah, I've got both the throttle lock and Cramp Buster too. They are both well worth the expense when you don't have CC.

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

i have the vista cruise throttle lock on my 1200 and love it, i do have to correct the speed from time to time when on the freeway, best 15 bucks i ever spent, i had a throttle rocker before that and had a bad experience with it, so i took it off and chucked it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.