Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hey gang,

Well, my cruise would drop 4 mph when set andreturn to set speed after a few seconds so Idecided to adjust the actuator cable per the manual. One thing I could never see/find is the index mark as the manual shows so I just went for it by taking up the slack. First couple of adjustments did make it better when setting at 65 mph and since it was very easy to change while riding, I made a few in flight adjustments and had it spot on, so I thought,when I came to a stop, my idle was now at 1500 rpms, not good. Had to back it off.

Here is what I noticed when it's over adjusted, which was a question I had but didn't ask, :shock:
1) idle goes up.
2)When setting the cruise at slower speeds (45 mph),the speed would actually go up before it dropped back down to set speed.

Hope this helps someone

Toy4Rick

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Hi toy4rick, there does need to be a slight bit of slack in the actuator cable or it will prevent the carb linkage from returning all the way to the idle screw as you have discovered. I don't know of an exact way to set the thing, I just do it in a few tries as you have and take the happy medium.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.