Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Morning all

I'm back to see if anyone can help me with this problem.

I was lucky to receive a complete testing and problem solving section with regards to the crusie control electrical.

After spending a lot of time doing these test I can say that all switches are working right.

The only testthat I didnt see thethrotle turn was when you jump the twopoints on the connection c133 but I did hear a click.

before I buy a complete new actuator and value unit, is there any other test I can do to see if I can narrow this problem down.

I did hear that a lose speedo cable or filter on the value unit may also clause a problem with engaging the cruise control. Is this true

any help will be appreciated

many thanks

tugwilson

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
imported post

Did you check the rear brake switch down by the pedal attached to the master cylinder arm? When you press the pedal, you should hear the switch click on and off.

Is this a recent problem? What maintenance was being done when you lost the cruise?

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
imported post

Did you check brass bushing in clutch handle for excessive wear? Hear 2 clicks when you put pull on hand brake?
Tom Bishop
`09 S.E.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,575 Posts
imported post

It is really unusual for a CC to actually have a problem. The above suggestions,or even a dirty button/switch are more likely to betheculprit thana badactuator.

·
Administrator
26,144 Posts
imported post

TUGWILSON wrote:
Morning all

The only testthat I didnt see thethrotle turn was when you jump the twopoints on the connection c133 but I did hear a click.

any help will be appreciated

many thanks

tugwilson
You have to be sure there is vacuum available for that test to work. The manual has you run the engine then shut it off to do the test and if there is even a small vacuum leak the vacuum will be gone before you can complete the test. It would probably be better to use a hand vacuum pump to supply vacuum to test the servo.

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
imported post

When riding turn the cruise on. Then push out on the clutch lever and the front brake lever. Mine does this and when I push out on the clutch lever the cruise engages.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

many thanks for all the information and help.
all the switches work fine as per the manual.

I didnt let the engine run when I tested the cc as it didnt say to do so in the instruction, but i did hear a click
when i jump the points.

i will check the vacumm hose and do a manual vacumm test on the cc,

many thanks guys

·
Premium Member
61,360 Posts
imported post

There's a CC switch below the brake light switch, way down by the frame.. It's by the exhaust pipe.. It works off the foot brake peddle.. You have to really lookto seeit.. It's held in place by 2 screw.. If those screws come lose and they do.. It'll cause your problem..

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
imported post

cromagjeff wrote:
When riding turn the cruise on. Then push out on the clutch lever and the front brake lever. Mine does this and when I push out on the clutch lever the cruise engages.
Mine is similar as sometimes I have to push out on my front brake lever slightly, I assume its due to that my levers are aftermarket and/or worn.

Bill

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.