Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Master Sgt. USAF Retired.
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

On the way home from work last evening, I noticed that my cruise control "set light" was not indicating a "set condition" while I was in cruise. After I got home I shut down the machine, and turned the ignition back on to start and the entire indicator system (including the set light) tested good. The only thing I have done, was add headlight and tail light modulator. This was my first ride after the addition. 1999 GL1500SE

Norm:?

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
imported post

So the cruise is working but no SET light? A blown bulb would be my first thought.

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
imported post

if it lights at start test and not afterwards it means that one of the micro switches is not aligned correctly preventing the "set" when riding,try moving the brake or clutch handle fullout and try to set cruise control

do you mean the cruise does work but light doesn't?

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,757 Posts
imported post

He said the bulb is working, Heffo.

Norm, have you taken it out again to confirm it's still not working? I don't see how modulators could affect the CC system,except, the rear modulator is connected to the brake lights, right? I still don't see how it could cause the problem you arehaving.

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
imported post

If the self-test works (bulb lights) and cruise works/sets without the "SET" light illuminating... there's a series of connectors that could be loose.

Next most likely is behind the instument panel, but also carries a lot of the stuff into the dash area (White, 20 wires or so).. I don't know how you'd get at it without pulling the cluster out, it's the big white connector back there.

There should be a white multi-wire (maybe a dozen wires) connector under the right fairing pocket that carries the "set" lamp's ground (the "ON" lamp isn't in this connector)

Theres a black connector (maybe 20 wires - about passengers right butt-cheek area under seat) - doubt that this is related...

then at the cruise box itself (under trunk)...

Where was the work done for the modulator install ? (like behind the lamps or under the right-fairing pocket or ??)

Depending on the installation, there could be some induced noise or something, and someimes filks can grab a wrong wire for voltage or ground to introduce some real fun.

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
imported post

Well a Filk is a "Folk" in desperate need of a vowel-movement.

It's a sad commentary on how much I rely on the automated spell-checking these days ...

so, to translate that bit of post:
... "Depending on the installation, there could be some induced noise or something, and sometimes [/i]folks[/i] can grab a wrong wire for voltage or ground to introduce some real fun."

·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

I haven't rode since yesterday...rain...The work that was done took place in the trunk...BUT! I did have the seat off and had made plans to start the installation of the tail light modulator there and changed my mind. While under the seat, I did take that "black connector" and the blue "C-10" apart and cleaned them. HHHhhmmm! I'll have to check it out. After it stops raining and warms up to at least 60.
Thanks.
Norm

·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

I still haven't had a chance to ride. (Weather) I took the seat back off today and made surethatthe connectors "are connected." I did "wiggle" the switch housing on the handle grip, there is very little play. As soon as I get the chance to ride, I'll check out the system and let you know if it works.

Thanks for the "in-put."

Norm

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.