Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,832 Posts
The single biggest failure is the on the handlebar brake lever there are 2 switches so just because you hear a click doesn't mean it's working. The switches are open air (Honda makes them that way) so dirt gets in them they come out with a single screw spray WD40 inside while working the switch when both are working and clicking put them back in the bike. If you have installed new chromed levers most of them don't hit the bottom switch which is the one for the cruise control on mine I super glued a small piece of metal extending the contact point a half an inch and no more problems.
If you have taken your clutch lever off recently did you remember to reinstall the spring if not the lever will not come all the way out and your set will not engage. The clutch lever needs to be all the way out and against the stops if the spring is not there the wind from normal speeds will push the lever back just enough that the cruise will not engage.
If all these and the brake light switch on the pedal is ok then you need to remove the lower plastic on the left side of the bike (that is where your left foot sits) the plastic is the one that the running lights are mounted in. After you get it off to the left of the opening is a black cannister about 10 inches long and the diameter of a coke can. It has a single hose going to it pull that hose off and check the rubber for cracks or breaks I trimmed about a half of an inch off mine then reinstall. The wing doesnt maintain enough vaccuum so they use this cannister to help out. If none of this works contact me and I will tell you more places to go....PP

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.