Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Ok,

I guess I am a pain with all these stupid questions, but my cruise wont set beyond 75 mph. Is this the norm or do I have an issue? Here in Cali, 75mph will piss off all of the other riders and cagers.

What say you?

Dragoon

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks. That is a great document anmd now i dont think i am nuts:D

This forum get better and better with ever read i have.

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
imported post

Dragoon wrote:
Ok,

I guess I am a pain with all these stupid questions, but my cruise wont set beyond 75 mph. Is this the norm or do I have an issue? Here in Cali, 75mph will piss off all of the other riders and cagers.

What say you?

Dragoon

dragoon, if you still have problems with the cruise control give my a shout and my wife and i can come down and i can take a look. we live in apple valley ca. about 2.3 hours north.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

rollen dean montoya wrote:
Dragoon wrote:
Ok,

What say you?

Dragoon

dragoon, if you still have problems with the cruise control give my a shout and my wife and i can come down and i can take a look. we live in apple valley ca. about 2.3 hours north.
Thanks, I might just do that.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
imported post

anytime dragoon, anytime:action:

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,147 Posts
imported post

Now that is what I call a good neighbor :waving:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Good neighbour and good information ,I may move this to the FAQ forum later ,Ciaran

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

Dragoon,

O'rielly could probly answer this one, Kiddin(With I could help, but I don't know)

What say you?

Nightrider1

Dragoon wrote:
Ok,

What say you?

Dragoon

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

Dragoon wrote:
...Here in Cali, 75mph will piss off all of the other riders and cagers...
glad you got the answer... I need to do that with mine when I get back to CA...

Just incase someone might think you are exaggerating, last month mid morning on a Friday, My wife and I were driving a rental cage from Ontario (not canada) to San Diego coming down the I-15. ... It was pretty heavy traffic but moving well.. we were just cruising along at the speed of the flow in the hammer lane (but not carpool)... the car had a digital speed indicator... said 93 mph.. we drove like that for about 15 minutes before slowing to about 80 to 85.. didn't get below 75 until getting close to Escondido... That strip up 5 above you at Pendelton moves pretty good too... 85-90 through there sometimes.

I have a CHP friend in San Diego.. asked him on time how he decides who to ticket.. he said, "just like fishing".. you just get out there and get one... luck of the draw..

[Sorry, to change the subject (i.e., hijack your thread), but didn't think it would be a big deal since I think you got your answer...] SDB/Jim

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

wexy wrote:
Good neighbour and good information ,I may move this to the FAQ forum later ,Ciaran
Good idea.. might consider re-titling it though to a little more specific descriptive title..

like "GL1500 Cruise Control 75mph Fix" or whatever

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
imported post

Does this cruise control limitation apply to the 1800?

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

But, only on 93>.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
imported post

Tin-Can wrote:
Does this cruise control limitation apply to the 1800?
no, GL1800s do not have a limit on the cruise, only the 1500s.

The fix is only for 93 to 2000 GL1500 s, I tried it on my 88 and it did not work. I found out about this fix in 2003 and several drill team rideres did it to thier bikes and they all worked.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
imported post

Thanks for the quick feedback. One of these days I'll get around to testing the cruise control at >75 MPH.;)

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
imported post

roscoepc wrote:
Will it work on the 1200's??
you would have to compare the 1200 system to the 1500 and see if they are the same

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.