Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Has anyone ever installed a cruise control off a 85 LTD, 86 SEI or 87 Aspencade on an older (84) Aspencade?

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Sandiegobrass installed an all electronic cruise control on his Goldwing. Another member did the same but I don't remember who it was, a search on the forum should reveal more information. I installed a Rostra all electronic cruise control on my pick up and would recommend a Rostra 250-1223 cruise or the Audiovox all electronic like the one Sandiegobrass used. The advantage of the electronic cruise is that it's a single unit, about the size of a paperback book, instead of three units you have to install with a vacuum system like the SEI/LTD and 1500s have. Fire off a PM to Sandiegobrass, I'm sure he'll be happy to give you the information and maybe some pictures.

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts
imported post

Not exactly what you are asking but I used information provided by sandiegobrass to install the Rostra Cruise Control on a 1983 GL 1100A. Works for me.:cool:

Sandiegobrass Rostra Information

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
....Fire off a PM to Sandiegobrass, I'm sure he'll be happy to give you the information and maybe some pictures.
Thanks, Paul... (and WS for providing the link).. but the link is about all that he'll need.

If I wasn't such a purist, I'd rip out the cruise on my 1500 and replace it with a Rostra.. The Rostra works far better thanthe OEM on my GL1500 SE

And marcel, if you need more info, just ask... and lots of pictures in the referenced document..

Jim

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Hello Jim, Thanks for the reply I will keep your solution in mind but would prefer to install the Honda original cruise control. I just prefer the looks of factory original I guess.
Marcel

·
Administrator
26,154 Posts
imported post

An aftermarket cruise unit could likely be installed using the OEM switches then it would look factory.

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

Like David says.. the Rostra would work with the OEM switches... likewise the Audiovox CCS-100 (a vacuum unit) works well in aftermarket motorcycle installations (Its only about $100) and it could use the OEM Switches also

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I gotta say I'd rather have the Rostra I installed in my old truck than the factory OEM cruise in my Ford F250. The Rostra was great because of all the adjustability and the variety of inputs it takes. Not to mention the ease of installation and it's compactness. Not the cheapest but one of the best. One other advantage was that it has a strong 17lbs pull which will operate a diesel rack to full throttle which is something a lot of cruise units won't.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.