Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

THIS WEEKEND I HAD A PROBLEM WITH THE CRUISE CONTROL NOT WANTING TO ACTIVATE. IT WOULD COME ON BUT DID NOT WANT TO ENGAGE UNTIL I PUSH THE THROTTLE CONTROL FORWARD PAST WHERE IT NORMALLY WOULD STOP. I DID THIS A COUPLE OF TIMES THEN THE CRUISE STARTED TO WORK. ANY SUGGESTIONS AS TO WHAT I NEED TO DO? IT HAS DONE THIS A COUPLE OF TIMES IN THE PAST.

ALSO HOW DO YOU POST A PHOTO UNDER SIGN ON NAME?

Attachments

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Someone will be along soon to help you, I'm sure, but while you wait for an answer;

Welcome from the state of Pennsylvania!:action:

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

By the way, very nice setup of your wing.:action:

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
imported post

Go to menu on right hand side and click my account; in new screen over on left click on avatar; instructions come for downloading picture from your pc; you may have to resize your picture to get it to download.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

I LIKE YOUR SET UP ALSO WITH THE TEAR DROP CAMPER. I CONSIDERED ONE OF THOSE MYSELF. IF YOU GET THE CHANCE EMAIL ME PHOTOS OF IT AND YOUR BIKE. TO [email protected].

thank you for the welcome.

Doug

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

Thank you Kenny from Ireland for the help.

Doug

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
imported post

Check your inhibit switches on the clutch and front brake levers,especially if you have aftermarket handles. The clutch lever has a 2 position switch,withthe bike shut off,pull the clutch lever in slowly,you should hear 2 clicks,1 as you pull the lever in from rest,and another when you have the clutch lever pulled in fully. The brake lever has just one click,as soon as you pull the lever in from rest.Aftermarket levers and oversized grips can cause these problems as well,limiting the travel of the lever,as well as the casting of the aftermarket lever.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

I will check all this when I get home

thanks for the advise

Doug

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi doug the trottle has its owen switch for this depending on the year of the bike its on the carbs itself or under the left tank shelter if you check the manual there is a listing on it for the cruise control where by you can test the whole system from under the seat at connector 33 wont take more than a half hour

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.