Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

What is the cruise filter? What is it's function and where is it located.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

It is a little foam doo-dah that is found under the inside fairing on the right side. In the area around the pressure device is for the rear shock. They're cheap! And if yours has never been replaced... it should be. Cyclemax has em

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

us385south wrote:
It is a little foam doo-dah that is found under the inside fairing on the right side. In the area around the pressure device is for the rear shock. They're cheap! And if yours has never been replaced... it should be. Cyclemax has em

Psst ..... T ..... you just described the Sub-Air Filter Element and it's location! ;)

The cruise filter, is on the left side of the bike (behind the left inner fairing)and it's function is to supply filtered air to the cruise control's vacuum controlled system.

It's towards the rear of the air filter housing and the L shaped housing which contains the actual filter element just pops off, allowing you to easily change the filter.

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
imported post

Excellent answer, as always, Dusty... complete with links to pics and part numbers. As Dusty has pointed out, be sure to change the often overlooked sub air filter on the right side. The element usually is original to the bike and will crumble when touched. If it crumbles while in use and some of the little pieces get in the wrong place it can cause you grief.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks to all. I read posts on the sub air filter so I knew what that was and several references were made about the cruise filter but not one that I could find that explained what it does. I guess now I know why it's called a cruise filter. :jumper:

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

Dusty Boots wrote:
us385south wrote:

Psst ..... T ..... you just described the Sub-Air Filter Element and it's location! ;)

The cruise filter, is on the left side of the bike (behind the left inner fairing)and it's function is to supply filtered air to the cruise control's vacuum controlled system.

It's towards the rear of the air filter housing and the L shaped housing which contains the actual filter element just pops off, allowing you to easily change the filter.
Dusty... as always you are right! Sorry!

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

No problem T. It was caught early on. You probably didn't have your 2nd cup of Java into you, when you replied! ;)

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
imported post

Any shop that sells or services lawn equipmentor small engines will have air filter foam. Cut your own and save some money.

You can use the same stuff for the cruise filter and the sub filter.

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,253 Posts
imported post

Yup- I bought tunnel filters a while back and used the excess.
Of course I have stopped using the tunnel filters anymore, so I guess that means lots of material.
Change 'em both!

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Both filters are on their way to me from cyclemax!

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,253 Posts
imported post

Good show!

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Got the filters and finally got a chance to install both today. The old filters just crumbled to dust when I touched them. Thanks to all for the help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.