Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The Cruise/reverse cluster of controls on my right side handlebar has 2 problems. First it doesn't illuminate, and second the cruise on/off switch sticks rather badly. Thinking I may just replace it to fix both issues in one shot. Anyone know a part number or description I should be looking for? This is a 2004 GL1800.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
imported post

You should really post this in the technical forum, that is where the fastest answers are. Otherwise it's a wait until the moderators move the thread over there, or hope one of us sees it here in the general discussion forum.

The bulb you need is part # 35139-MCA-A20. More information in this thread, 6th post down. http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum1/122270.html

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Oh hey thanks! What about the entire unit though. That has the buttons for cruise and reverse? Is there a single part number for an entire replacement one of those? If not I can get the bulb and just deal with the sticking cruise button.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

Left switch pack 35130-MCA-A21. The Cruiseon/off switch is a pita to get out but probably just needs the dirty grease cleaned out of it.

·
Administrator
26,562 Posts
imported post

Are they supposed to light? I don't think they do. As for the cruise main switch, leave it on. A new one is going to stick sooner or later too so just leave it alone and it won't cause any problem. It has no useful purpose anyway.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Some models have the lighted controls, my '01 doesn't. It is definitely a PIA to change a set of handlebar controls and not a cheap proposition. The right side switch assy runs about $180 and the left side pretty close to $400. Usually a good cleaning and lubricating with contact cleaner/lubricant will free things up. New light bulbs should take care of the Lucas emulation as already mentioned.

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
imported post

DaveO430 wrote:
Are they supposed to light? I don't think they do. As for the cruise main switch, leave it on. A new one is going to stick sooner or later too so just leave it alone and it won't cause any problem. It has no useful purpose anyway.
From 04 they are lighted. I agree about the switch, it most likely just needs cleaning. Sticking cruise switches are common, cleaning them out works most of the time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.