Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm looking for a cup holder for my 93 GL1500, It has the fold up flat type but I've found out it don't hold the items very well, but it does bolt to the Clutch res. any suggestions? or pictures

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
imported post

I really like the Butler. Yes, it's way too high $$ but it works great. Around $50-60. But it doesn't sweat and leak all over the bike/stereo.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
imported post

I have the same folding type I think you are describing and use it for my ashtray. I had trouble getting used to the rattle and mounted a Coffee Butler on the throttle side.

I fixed the rattle and realized that the folding type is much more diverse and useful for holding other items than the Coffee Butler.

There is also the swinging cup holder. I think it is called aCup Buoy. I had one on my 1200 but didn't care for it much.

·
Premium Member
2,248 Posts
imported post

I have a fold up on my 96. I use a stainless cup that has a rubber no slip bottom. It workd great. The regular plastic cup did not work very well withmy holder either.

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
imported post

I bought one of the Butler holders for the pillion. It works well for my wife. One nice thing is that we can take the holder off the bracket when not using it and store it in the saddlebag.

I don't have anything on the front - I prefer to pull off and stop if I need to get a drink.

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

heyhay wrote:
What does the Coffee butler look like? Any pictures?
I looked at one for the rear armrest. 20 or 32 oz, but both cost $60. My wife liked the ease of the big straw. She said she couldn't enjoy it at that price....a $5. rig for $60.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
imported post

I bought my cupholder on ebay and I can't tell you how much I like it. It is out of the way, not on the handlebar, and allows for condensation to drip off easy. This thing holds a lot of different stuff. I know when you look at it your going to say "it won't stay attached". I have ridden about 5k miles with this thing on my 02 1800 over some bad east Texas roads and it stays put great. Oh, and did I mention that it is only $15.00. I put mine on the right side of the body instead of the left as they show it in the picture.

It's an option to consider, I love mine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DRINK-BOTTLE-CAN-CUP-HOLDER-GOLD-WING-HARLEY-K1200_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34284QQihZ020QQitemZ300234641736QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.