·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
imported post

I bought the four pack of them. I didn't screw it into anything though. I lifted up the button snaps on the left fairing pocket, stuck the elbow down into it and snapped the buttons closed. It rides where the auto-volume control knobs are but I rarely use them.

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
imported post

Trainertim77 wrote:
Easy alternative to the $50 cup holders vendors want. Wallyworld $1.99. Connected to my windwing brackets. I am sure if you wanted to, you could find nicer looking holders also. Just wanted to try this and see if it worked.....it does just fine.

Thanks for the idea Digger.

http://s656.photobucket.com/albums/uu285/Trainertim77/Coffee%20Holder/?action=view&current=IMG_3105.jpg
I put that same one on my lawn tractor. Be careful, it's brittle - I have bumped it with my knee, and it cracked. You get what you pay for, I guess.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
imported post

Hello all, I have to comment. the PO had put one on my bike, however I wear a full face helmet, and so found no value in it, so I ripped it off. but i also wonder who drinks from a can while riding? i do 125 miles a day, and look forward to quick stop breaks for water... just my .02

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
imported post

Bschofield wrote:
Hello all, I have to comment. the PO had put one on my bike, however I wear a full face helmet, and so found no value in it, so I ripped it off. but i also wonder who drinks from a can while riding? i do 125 miles a day, and look forward to quick stop breaks for water... just my .02
Exactly what you said. I wear a full-face as well, and carry along drinks in the little rear trunk map bags. When I get thirsty, I pull over, get off for a rest, take my helmet off and have a drink.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
imported post

I quit using cup holders, 'cause my beer kept losing it's head or foaming up. Plus to easy for a passing cop to see.

I got a 2-liter camel back now, which I can use with my full face helmet (safety first!) and it easily holds enough beer for a 200 mile trip.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
imported post

Bish wrote:
I quit using cup holders, 'cause my beer kept losing it's head or foaming up. Plus to easy for a passing cop to see.

I got a 2-liter camel back now, which I can use with my full face helmet (safety first!) and it easily holds enough beer for a 200 mile trip.
LMAO that is too funny!

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,884 Posts
imported post

Bish wrote:

And I think the Arizona sun has gotten to Bish. :D

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
imported post

Bish wrote:

Yep, but does your bladder hold enough for the same distance? :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
imported post

Mine will hold one of those tall drink containers that has the long straw in it when I am wearing the full face helmet. These things are disposable, I got 4 for like $2.99

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
imported post

iandux wrote:
Bish wrote:

Yep, but does your bladder hold enough for the same distance? :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
imported post

That's just wrong in so many ways I don't know where to start. :blackstuff::barfer:

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
imported post

So.....at the Baja 500 a few years ago we were pitting near a bunch of other teams. XR650 comes rolling into the pit next to ours........rider kills bike but stays on it, pit crew is swapping filter and topping off the oil......when all the sudden there's a big leak coming from near the left foot peg. One of the pit guys dips his finger into it, sniffs it, then tastes it. He starts gagging........and the rider starts laughing.......he says, "sorry man......my catheter was kinked and I just straightened it out". He had the catheter run out his left pants leg and taped to the side of his left boot facing the bike.

I laughed.

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
imported post

Bish wrote:

Digger's wife, Da Boss, has a camel back also, she was using it when we where in Ar.

But I didn't see her use it for beer, she had gateraid in it.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
imported post

If you drink to much and don't want to get off the bike and stop, I say "DEPENDS" (brand name of adult diapers in the U.S.) :dude::dude::dude:

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
imported post

i wear a full-face flip helmet. and yes i have set the cruise ,reached back and taken a sip. there are times when it is too soon to stop and i just need a wee dram of fluids..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.