Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello everyone,

97SE runs like a charm except for a little annoyance in the cruise control.

At speed, set cruise and release throttle pressure and set speed will drop approx 3 MPH, it will take approx10-15 secsfor it to come back to set speed.

Look forward to hearing what is going on

Thanks, Rick

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
imported post

If its coming back to the correct speed, you might have a cracked vacuum hose.

If it drops speed and doesn't come back up, you will need to take the slack up in the throttle cable and in the cruise cable under the laft side shelter panel (lower fairng panel also removed. While you are there,shine a torchtoward the upperback portion of the radiator fan shroud and remove the big (about 1") rubber bung, point the torch up. There you will see a phillips head screw painted either yellow or whiteand also part of the throttle linkage with 2 slots visible.
Turn the screw until these marks line up and the cruise should then be set properly. You may also need to remove the side alternator cover to get a decentlook atthe cruise actuator sticking under the cover and just over the left cylinder head. Loosen the locknut on the actuator cable and turn the cable to make it longer, about 2 full turns. You will need to take the bike for a ride to test it and if you are still short a mile or three than give another turn on the screw.

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

That about sums it up Rick, that's all the adjustments you can make. If the proplem isn't fixed after that, you're intospending moneyterritory.

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

Thats very nicely summarised gaswing and anyone should be able to follow it, well done. :waving:

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Guys,

Thanks a bunch for the great info.

Any leads on the vacuum lines to check, where they start and run to??

I am a novice mechanic

Rick

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

toy4rick wrote:
Guys,

Thanks a bunch for the great info.

Any leads on the vacuum lines to check, where they start and run to??

I am a novice mechanic

Rick
Now, taking you at your word about being a novice mechanic, when gaswing says "use a torch to see inside the bike", he means a flashlight, would hate to see you set your bike on fire.:goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

WOW, I was wondering what all the smokewas for:goofygrin:, now I know

Really, thanks for the tips.

Now, how about the vaccumm lines, where do they run from and to.

Now, by run I don't mean50 yard dashes, what I mean is where do they start and stop? By start and stop I don't mean they move... I just want to know where to look for one end of the vaccumm line and then the other... :doh:
you get my point :cooler:

Rick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.