Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have always preferred to look just over windshield. Is there a replacement windshield that is perhaps 2 inches shorter than stock available?/ Can I cut the stock one down myself? Jigsaw with special blade?? Any feedback would be helpful Also will cutting down the stock height affect passenger negatively??

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Done it several times , no problems, jig saw, fine blade, masking tape, marker, fine sand paper flat file, make trial cuts above your final cut line, last couple of times I did it with the windshield still mounted & found it easier. I've also done face shields that were longer than the rider liked. Just be careful & SLOW. :action::action:

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imported post

After a whole lot of carefully watching videos like the one above, I bit the bullet and cut mine just a week or two ago. I used a small jigsaw and lots of masking tape. Measure twice and measure again before cutting. I cut two and a half inches of mine and could actually go a bit more.

The results...obviously vision is greatly improved. For me there is no change in the wind. It turned cold shortly after I cut it and my wife hasn't been on the back to state how it has changed for her. I am sure she is relieved that I can see as I ride into the setting sun or towards oncoming traffic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.