Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Has anyone had any experience with this lift?
My back is telling me not to do any bending over so I am going to get a lift to be able to work on my bike. I looked at this one....what do you guys think?

Sears Lift

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
imported post

i bought a cheaper 1 from wal-mart awhile back, and wouldn't take nothing for it.

you'll still be bending over some tho. unless you get 1 of those lifts.

mark:waving:

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
imported post

There a okay lift. Have one at the shop and use it in a pinch. Just make sure you tie the bike down to the lift. Tony:waving:

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
imported post

I have one just like that. Wouldnt take a million dollars for it. Well actually I would BUT Its one of them things that when you get you'll kick yourself for not getting it sooner.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
imported post

do those arms go under the exhaust pipes, or do they hit the frame rails?

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Harbor Freight has the exact same lift except in yellow for $50 - $60 on sale often.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
imported post

Read the customer reviews at the Sears site. About 1/3 or more are negative -- apparently the bottle fails regularly.

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
imported post

I got one at Canadian Tire 2 years ago when they were all the rage. You roll it under the exhaust headers when the bike is on it's main stand. As Ava Auto Tech says, use a tie down to hold it to the jack. If you intend to run the engine on it when it's jacked up put a board on top of each rubber support. The exhaust headers are well able to take the weight.
http://search.harborfreight.com/cpisearch/web/search.do?keyword=motorcycle+jack&Submit=Go

This jack will lift the Wing off the ground but not by much. You will still be sitting on a low bench or on your knees for other maintenance work. On the other hand you can still remove the front and rear wheels, forks and do a variety of tasks while it is safe and secure.

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Like 82goldwing said I could have smacked myself:doh: for not getting one sooner:D

Ride Safe, Ray:waving:

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
imported post

Sears jack are dangours!Sears won't back there products. I won't go into why I know that because it's to long of a story. I have purchased the most expensive jacks sears offers, the more you spend the worst they are. Buy a jack somewhere else.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
imported post

I have had one for several years. No problems. I also have a table lift from Harbor Frieght. The jack on the table lift is starting to leak on it just a little. Nothing major but you do see a drip on the floor after lifting a Goldwing and letting it back down.

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Ghost Rider 2 wrote:
I have had one for several years. No problems. I also have a table lift from Harbor Frieght. The jack on the table lift is starting to leak on it just a little. Nothing major but you do see a drip on the floor after lifting a Goldwing and letting it back down.
Hey Jerry I saw a fix for that on here not to long ago, I guess it is basically rebuilding the bottle:baffled:

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
imported post

i have sears lift. had it about 6 mo.use it every day to turn motorcycle around in garage.i just done work on my 82 aspencade.left on jack for over a week no problems.best $99.00 i have spent:D:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.