Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

my 81 that i am rebuilding has a cycle sounds radio and speakers. Did this come standard on the bike? I don't think so and i am wondering if i should just get rid of it and take it back to original. And if this is removed does it leave a big hole?
Or maybe i should just leave it as is for the next owner? I personally think the thing is gastly but .... maybe someone else would not. I am not even sure if it works even.
jeff
81 rebuild

·
Alaskan Explorer on a Valk
564 Posts
imported post

no I t did not come stamdaard. It was a cheap add on for a radio. The honda radios were way too expensive at the time.
No it will not leave a hole if removed.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

then should i remove it if it was really not worth much to begin with?

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

is it worth anything to a perspective buyer? I pulled it off the bike today since i am going thru the fairing for repaint and i don't think ill reinstall

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

is it worth anything to a perspective buyer? I pulled it off the bike today since i am going thru the fairing for repaint and i don't think ill reinstall

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

Put some pics of it up in the for sale forum...

What kind of fairing is it?

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

it is a hondaline fairing. And the sound unit is cycle sounds but it is old enough that is a cassette tape model. Any ideas appreciated.

·
Honda Guru
2,009 Posts
imported post

Cycle Sounds were by no means a cheap add on. They were the 'only way to go' back before the GL1100I came out. After that Honda made radios that were 'turn key' but had to be installed at the dealer or by the customer. Later on with the GL1200 the radios came stock on the Aspencade models.
In the day, there wasn't anything that was better than the Cycle Sound system. The music sound could be improved by the amount of money you wanted to spend for a better quality radio/cassette. As time went on Cycle Sound improved their speakers going from 4" to 5" with a small sub-woofer.
Now they are 'old hat'. There just wasn't the demand for them after Honda started making 'turn key' touring popular.
They did have small demand for other models but since the Goldwing was 'the' touring bike their popularity and demand waned.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
imported post

If your unit works, there is probably someone out there that would like to have it.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

Hondaline C/S pods are somewhat rare.

A search of this site will bring-up at least a few threads on the 1100 pods.

Many think that what you have does not exist.

:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.