·
Site Sponsor
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
:claps::claps::claps:
I've been giving your shield a hard look and would not have any concerns about ordering one from Cyclemax.

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts

Ah, you had to go looking for it. That first post should have said that.

Thanks.

Wonder how good they are ?

·
Administrator
57,514 Posts
Dennis, it was originally posted in the General Forum which is against forum rules.
Each vendor has their own forum and they can post their ads there. That is their right as a supporting vendor.

The only way we would normally see them is if you went to the vendor forums.
However, if you do a New Posts they will show up for you once and go away after you click on it.

I personally use the New Posts feature so that I can see all that is going on no matter where it got posted.

Look here to see all of our Proud Supporting Vendors.

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > GoldWingFacts Site Sponsors

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
I have had an Optic Armor +4 for almost a year now and would not hesitate to order another one if needed......

The shield is Chrystal clear, even when it rains. With the vent, I have never had an issue with fog on the inside of the shield, and in 10 months time and more than 20,000 miles, It's the first shield I have ever had that will hold suction cup items like my 6" GPS and cell phone holder without ever having fallen off!

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Optic Armor Shield.

·
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird
1,703 Posts
anymore updates on this windshield? I am considering ordering one when we are in Myrtle Beach later in October 2014.

·
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird
1,703 Posts
I have had an Optic Armor +4 for almost a year now and would not hesitate to order another one if needed......

The shield is Chrystal clear, even when it rains. With the vent, I have never had an issue with fog on the inside of the shield, and in 10 months time and more than 20,000 miles, It's the first shield I have ever had that will hold suction cup items like my 6" GPS and cell phone holder without ever having fallen off!

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Optic Armor Shield.

Thanks again John for putting us into this windshield. Our suction cup holds the camera and has never fallen off. We love the Plus 4 and using Rejex on the windshield, I just use a damp cloth to remove all the bugs. Love this Optic Armor windshield. BTW..It was cheaper bought from Cyclemax than what the manufacturer would sell it for..

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
In my opinion, Optic Armor is by far, hands down the best shield on the market today. I have had mine for 3 years now and over 55,000 miles, and it's just clear and clean as the day I installed it new. It's a tough shield that has seen it's share of rocks, bugs and other hazards that would have ended the life of most other shields. I would get another one in a heartbeat if I ever get another bike.

·
Best looking member
3,106 Posts
Flocking tape

Hi I tried sending you a question to your web site and got no response so I thought I would try here.

I Installed one of you windshields on my 1500 a couple of weeks ago, It is without a doubt the best windshield I have ever had in 40 yrs of biking. When I first cleaned it with just Windex and a paper towel I was frightened it would scratch the shield, but it came up beautifully.

I received with my windshield a bag with 1 long strip
and a couple of short strips of what I call flocking tape or what looks like the soft side of Velcro.

My question is Where do I put these strips? Your rather simplistic instructions do not mention these strips at all

Thanks

·
Administrator
57,514 Posts
I just received the same windshield, unopened in my garage.

I know from previous discussions it is attached to the bike so that the windshield can slide up/dn with minimum force.

Optic Armor Performance Windows
450 Business Park Rd
Linn Creek, MO 65052-2110
Phone: (573) 317-9066

I will call these folks right now and get them on to this thread, okay?

·
Site Sponsor
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi I tried sending you a question to your web site and got no response so I thought I would try here.

I Installed one of you windshields on my 1500 a couple of weeks ago, It is without a doubt the best windshield I have ever had in 40 yrs of biking. When I first cleaned it with just Windex and a paper towel I was frightened it would scratch the shield, but it came up beautifully.

I received with my windshield a bag with 1 long strip
and a couple of short strips of what I call flocking tape or what looks like the soft side of Velcro.

My question is Where do I put these strips? Your rather simplistic instructions do not mention these strips at all

Thanks
We apologize for the confusion on where to install the "soft side velcro". It simply goes between each slider and along the top edge of the sliders. This is of course after you have removed the rubber garnish. If you have any additional questions you can contact Jim Dunham directly at 573-317-9066 extension 11 or via email at [email protected]. Thanks again for your business.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.