Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a missing cylinder. Number one cylinder is getting fire but I'm not sure it is getting fuel. Any help as to where I start. I have pulled the plug and it is sparking. Opened the carb drain and there is fuel that drains. Carbs have been rebuilt. Didn't see any problems with vacuum pistons on carbs. Sending out a help.

Mike

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
imported post

Hmm, if you're getting fuel and spark it should fire,is the plug wet or dry?

Sounds like you're not getting fuel.

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
imported post

check the o-rings on the fuel tubes between the carbs. When I got my 82 the PO said it would run well for about a mile then start running rough. It turned out to be an o-ring folded in front of a tube blocking the passage.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Well Guys I don't think I'm getting fuel. Going to check the rebuild on the carb again. Any tricks to priming the carb after having it off. I like to have never got fuel in all the carb last time.
Mike

P.S.
I should have told ya'll the plug is dry. The exhaust is cool to cold after running for a few minutes. So I'm guessing it is missing all the time, including going down the road. Still has good power though.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
imported post

Hook a sync gage to the manifolds, that will tell you if your o-rings are bad.
Or spary some carb cleaner on them with the bike running to see if the idle changes.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
imported post

Your bike has reeds in the plenum have you ever cleaned them?
Also make sure your air bypass valves are in working order.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Okay Carb rebuilt and all cylinders are firing. Not sure what it was I didn't change anything and there was no sign of anything in the jets. It is a real mystery. Anyway she is running.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.