Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
imported post

Tom, If you can get the creme stuff out of there you could try this stuff. It's supposed to be the best. It is a 2 part epoxy. The creme stuffI believe is cut with MEK.

I have bought some of the Caswell, but I have not tried it yet. It is supposed to be the only one that is resistant to ethanol.

http://www.caswellplating.com/aids/epoxygas.htm

·
Senior Mem & Story Teller
3,498 Posts
imported post

How about some old fashioned solder. Or if you could or could find an old body man who could lead it.

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
imported post

As to Kreem and alcohol, Kreem is OK with gasoline / alcahol blends.

Code:
KREEM FUEL TANK LINER is designed for use as a preventive maintenance product in metal tanks new and old; containing gasoline, gasohol, or diesel. KREEM TANK LINER has a unique formulation with extremely rapid set-up that prevents leakage from hairline cracks and seam pinholes by coating the tank’s inner surface with a fuel resistant elastomer. Not for plastic tanks. KREEM is NOT compatible with all fiberglass tanks. You must spot test before use. Read the Kreem “how to” brochure for detailed application instructions.
I Kreemed the tank of my 74 Triumph a good 15 years or more ago, I did it step by step, there's no flaking, no failure? I know some guys swear by it and others hate it. It worked OK for me but my Trident's tank was pretty rust free before I Kreemed it.
After the two prep chemicls it was spotless inside. I Kreemed it then, got a good coating, then after that cured I did a second coat. It's some discolored from fuel, sortof an off white look, but no failures.

That caswellplating stuff sounds good too!

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.