Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

The MJWs are getting worse.... now I'm worrying a lot about "High Speed Weave." I don't know why I'm worried about it since I never go over 75-80 miles an hour.... and you gotta get up around 110-120 miles an hour for it to be a factor.... who rides that fast?

When did I start worrying about everything? When Red and I started, we had that good ol' 750 Suzuki GS. I had one sleeping bag strapped to the front forks like on thatTV show "Here Comes Bronson!" Never worried about a thing.... we slept like babies in a department store tent that cost us about $50. The bike had a poor stator and wouldn't charge, so we bought a trickle charger to take with us. Every night, we would remove the battery and sneak around the campground to find an unattended plug-in, from which we sucked free juice! Never worried about it, and never got caught, although once I heaped up old leaves and sticks over the battery and charger to hide them! Every morning we'd reinstall the battery and take off -- no concerns whatsoever!

Now I worry about everything.....

am I just getting old?

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
imported post

You are NOT getting old. You are just becoming aware that you are not immortal. It happens to all of us eventually. Just don't let it ruin your outlook on life.

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
imported post

Hey CJ.....I just turned 60 a few months ago and I find myself doing a lot of questioning of some of the things I do. I'm getting ready to leave for Alaska in about three weeks, and I still don't know if my buddy is going to go. When the "sh*t" hits the fan and you say to yourself, "why him and not me". Sometimes it's my skill level, sometimes I say "I'm lucky", all that is true, but the real reason, "It's not my time yet". Reasoning for all this bull.........enjoy life as you do, and when it's time, you can say to yourself, "it's my time", and I enjoy my life to it's fullest and no complaints, well hardly any. You wouldn't be human if you didn't have anything to b*tch about.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Perhaps a pre ride would reduce the MJW's

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

BC wrote:
You are NOT getting old. You are just becoming aware that you are not immortal. It happens to all of us eventually. Just don't let it ruin your outlook on life.
:action:NOW that one i like :action:

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

I think your concern is more for Red, since your accedent. To be expected.

Once the two of you get your first 300 or so miles on, I would expect you'll both start feeling like your back home where you belong,,,,,,,,, "On the road again".:action:

The pretrip is a good idea too, go for an ice cream 50 miles away all loaded up.

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

I've noticed the same thing. In my younger years, I never gave a second thought, or even a first one in many cases, to anything I planned on doing. Just jumped in the car, or bike and went....took it as it came. Had a ball.

Now, everything must be thought out and planned to the n[sup]th[/sup] degree. So much so, that I have a hard time pulling the trigger sometimes. Or least end up delaying plans or trips until everything is just right.

Think I had more fun when I was young and stupid.

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
imported post

know what cuz, REALITY has all of a sudden hit you dead between the eyes. you can blame that dear for it too. and i bet alot of your concerns, that you have bumping around in your head, start with WHAT IF? what if i .........get this.....what if i get that.........what if the new bike doesnt do the trick? yea, we know....REALITY. SUX! KEEP ON :18blue::18blue:RICK

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
imported post

Sorry CJ, but you have to read between the lines on all the other responses!

You are getting old! :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

But it's okay, we all hopefully get our chance to be older!! :action:That "throw caution to the wind" thing is just not as important later in life!

Be careful out there!!

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
imported post

JIMBO83 wrote:
What are Moose Jaw Willies?
That is what I was wondering. :cool:

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Premium Member
3,795 Posts
imported post

Ain't nothing wrong with getting old. Sure beats the alternative!

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

Ya'know Mel, if you're still having those problems by the time you hit Nebraska, I think I have a few Xanax laying around I can loan you. :D:cheeky1::D:cheeky1:

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
imported post

MDKramer wrote:
Ya'know Mel, if you're still having those problems by the time you hit Nebraska, I think I have a few Xanax laying around I can loan you. :D:cheeky1::D:cheeky1:
Y'know..... I've always felt good and relaxed in Nebraska, even when a 240lb Native American spit between my feet up in Chadron...... I was very alert, but strangely relaxed......

The .45 ACP I habitually carry (when sans shotgun) always comes out easier when one is not all bound up and tense...... not that I brought it out then, but the potential was there......

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Hey CJ :waving:

Did you end up getting a Laptop/Aspire 1 Notebook?

Fooling around with that might help settle the Willies. ;)

My bud and I are leaving on Monday and not certain yet as to our route. Originally planned doing the Glacier/Beartooth/Yellowstone/Grand Tetons/Ketchum/Lolo Pass loop anticlockwise, but the weather doesn't look too promising. Might head down to the Gorge, then down the Oregon Coast and who knows where from there.

Would like to pick up an Acer Aspire 1 10.1 with the 6 cell battery but don't know of any stores on either route(s) that have a 'deal' on 'em.

Anyway, the Willies will soon pass as you n Red hit the open road and head east

Safe journey, my friend! ....... Safe Journey

Dusty

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
imported post

Dusty Boots wrote:
Hey CJ :waving:

Did you end up getting a Laptop/Aspire 1 Notebook?
Naww..... kinda gave up on that...... There is just no place, and I mean no place, to carry ia notebookon the ST....especially 2-up! Our mobile computer will just have to wait until I someday get a trailer.......

I think that 2-up camping on the ST would be a lot more comfortable with a small trailer. Too late now, but next time.....

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
imported post

Our mobile computer will just have to wait until I someday get a trailer.......
Can always stop by a library for a quick check.

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
imported post

some McDonalds here in the Houston area have computer stations with internet also. I have no idea if this is an area thing or a national trend.

·
Premium Member
5,408 Posts
imported post

Mel, try something

Sit down on the sofa with your lovely lady.

Open an old photo album and a road map.

Does it put smiles on your faces?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.