Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Damn spark units

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Rod 
imported post

I had mine melt down also.Before they did, my Voltage regulator also went out.All connectors were bright ,clean and pretty.After replaceing the voltage regulator and spark units they wre still getting very hot fast [within two minutes off starting].

Took me 4 days of stareing at wireing harness to find the fix. At some point in the last 24 years someone had plugged a gray wire wire 12 volts in it to a green wire.Gray wire was a live instrument feed and the green wire is a ground wire.

Now I even have a fuel guage and temp guage.Wire was found behind the fairing weight.If you have a wireing mess, by all means clean it up.I cut close to 10 pounds of excess wire out of my fairing and did not lose anything electrical.

Keep it vertical.Fred

imported post

Rod where in texas are you calling for those spark units?I am down in Bridge City Texas close to the Gulf. When you water gets too hard to wash your face in, come on down.Litfuse

imported post

Thank you for the come back Rod.At this moment I am doing ok in the parts department but no telling when I might need 1 little small part that i can't find.Keep it vertical.Fred

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.