Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I haven't pulled my rear wheel yet but there's the possibility that the rubber damping bushing's are worn out. Honda says they can't be replaced, you have to buy a new wheel. My Clymer manual indicates they can be replaced with a set of six.

Anyone know about this? I'd sure hate to buy a new wheel if I only need to replace the bushing's.

Thanks, Dick

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

Honda don't sell the bushes on their own, never did for the gl1200. I don't know why they do this, but that's unfortunately the way it is. It could be wireth while measuring the bushings and getting them from an engineering suppliers.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

It might be a good time to consier replacing your final drive with a GL1500 drive. They show up on eBay often, left over from triking. If you do a search on the subject on this forum you'll find out it's a pretty easy changeover. The 1500s do have the damper blocks available. It would mean replacing the wheel and tire too, but they do show up fairly cheaply on eBay and on the GWRRA for sale forum.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
imported post

Budegan wrote:
Honda don't sell the bushes on their own, never did for the gl1200. I don't know why they do this, but that's unfortunately the way it is. It could be wireth while measuring the bushings and getting them from an engineering suppliers.
Good idea. If anyone manages to get some bushes of the right size it would be a good to have the info available here.

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
imported post

Been thinking about this a little from time to time. If i needed some i would go to a place that makes and rebuilds springs. Autos, Trucks and the like and see what they could come up with from leaf springs. I would almost bet there is something that will work. If not you could make some out of i think it's called UHMW? we have it at work and comes in all sizes and shapes but it's almost as hard as urethane bushings so i dont know how vibration would be but desperate times call for desperate measures.

Pat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.