Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am so tired of these 40/50 degreeF nights and these 80 degreeF days... You would not believe how much I have to keep zipping out my liners and opening my jacket vents.

AND it interferes with my work too! I have to leave early to "take the long way home"...been going on for weeks now. sheesh

:D:cheeky1::dude::action::cooldevil::jumper::18black:

:tongue: :bowing::band::toast::blackstuff::banana:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
454 Posts
imported post

Must be a real bummer for you.
 

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
Joined
·
665 Posts
imported post

OH MY GOODNESS!! :shock::shock:

You are one brave soul. But I really enjoyed your post. ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
262 Posts
imported post

You must come try the north of England, Accrington in Lancashire to be precise, where it rains ( cold rain ) so much that children are born with webbed feet and cats can swim like Olympic athletes....

It's grey and freezing this time of year, I know because I was bold/foolish enough to take my bike out today, wrapped up like Nanook of the North.

I almost stopped to give a lift to the three brass monkeys, thumbing a ride on the kerbside, but I did them a favour and left them there, the wind chill would have seen them off !

80 degrees, Sob, ain't none of that in these parts.....

Kev
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,137 Posts
imported post

Same here Blackdog. had to suffer through a few days of rain almost had me sleeping in the garage next to the bikes. Well we're back in the blue again with a few of those cloud things passing by and I'm ok with wearing a long sleeve over shirt for the ride in
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,739 Posts
imported post

To hell with Montrose and Durango ,I am off to Santa Maria for a meet n greet :D:D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
218 Posts
imported post

KevS wrote:
You must come try the north of England, Accrington in Lancashire to be precise, where it rains ( cold rain ) so much that children are born with webbed feet and cats can swim like Olympic athletes....

It's grey and freezing this time of year, I know because I was bold/foolish enough to take my bike out today, wrapped up like Nanook of the North.

I almost stopped to give a lift to the three brass monkeys, thumbing a ride on the kerbside, but I did them a favour and left them there, the wind chill would have seen them off !

80 degrees, Sob, ain't none of that in these parts.....

Kev
Nice one Kev,made me larf.

The forecast is more of the same for next 4/5 days,so looks like I won't be out with local IAM for our usual Saturday rideout/breakfast run.

Regards Steve
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

wexy wrote:
To hell with Montrose and Durango ,I am off to Santa Maria for a meet n greet :D:D
Your welcome any time wexy - lots of GREAT riding out this way.:18black::action:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
690 Posts
imported post

Ay Blackdog.... I share your pain. I even suffered through a steak dinner at Jacko's a couple weeks ago. First our severe winter weather and than have to eat a steak like that!!! Cheesh.....:action:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
94 Posts
imported post

We haven't had any rain to say, for over 3 months. Even with2 hurricane'scoming on shore it all bypassed us. We need the rain, but I'm not going to complain, been riding everyday.Mornings are from 40's to 50 with afternoon in the 80's. Not trying to rub it in, just sharing weather information on from here.:waving:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
725 Posts
imported post

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:no comment, seem nobody wants to hear about out HARSH weather:waving:

robin
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

GoldWingPastor wrote:
Sorry, Blackdog, I couldn't get the sympathy meter to budge at all... :baffled:
That's OK Pastor - for fun you oughtta look up Apple Valley, California on Weather.com :shock:

- I wonder if you could switch parishes and no one's the wiser??? LOL :cool:
 

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
Joined
·
12,840 Posts
imported post

You guys in the tropics of the US suck!! :dude: Here's a shot out my front office door from a few minutes ago. All those spots are rain on the camera lense from the 10 seconds it took me to take the picture. :crying:

John

 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,276 Posts
imported post

Really sucks to be you.
 

·
Forum Diplomat
Joined
·
7,368 Posts
imported post

Jluvs2dive wrote:
You guys in the tropics of the US suck!! :dude: Here's a shot out my front office door from a few minutes ago. All those spots are rain on the camera lense from the 10 seconds it took me to take the picture. :crying:

John



Ahh, John, John, John....... I keep telling you, all you have to do is change that silly area code of yours, from 206, 360, 243, or whatever, to 509.......

Still riding in the eastern part of the state; the cultured part, the 42 degrees this morning and a light mistbutnota Monsoon part.... where cowboys are cowboys and the cowgirls are too! Why anyone -- especially a motorcyclist -- would live in the Megaopolis of SeattleTacomaVancouver and The Other Vancouver just totally escapes me! If the rain and mould don't get you the six million other drivers will... Must be some reason.......:baffled:
 

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
Joined
·
12,840 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
Why anyone -- especially a motorcyclist -- would live in the Megaopolis of SeattleTacomaVancouver and The Other Vancouver just totally escapes me! If the rain and mould don't get you the six million other drivers will... Must be some reason.......:baffled:
Oh yeah, there'splenty of reasons, but here's one of them. ;)
My daily commute pictures

John
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,882 Posts
imported post

I recall growing up in San Francisco.... foggy, drippy, and then it was foggy.... first time I ever saw the sun was when I was 12 years old... we all ran and hid, for fear of this big yellow ball in the sky
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

rcmatt007 wrote:
I recall growing up in San Francisco.... foggy, drippy, and then it was foggy.... first time I ever saw the sun was when I was 12 years old... we all ran and hid, for fear of this big yellow ball in the sky
I was only to San Francisco once - and I ran too. :shock:
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top